Robert Fisk respected journalist - RIP

Robert Fisk, journalist and War Reporter. Best described on Desert Island Discs, very interesting.

2 Likes

Oh dear. I didn’t know he had died. I always read his articles in the Independent. He offered an insight on the Middle East that I always found interesting and thought-provoking. A damed good journalist. RIP

2 Likes

Yes agree.

I didn’t want to say too much as I thought the Desert Island Disc piece would be informative enough for those that were not familiar with him. And those that perhaps don’t agree with his political stance on various matters can reflect on that listening here.

I nearly always read his stuff in The Independent. Rather sad to hear of his death. RIP

1 Like

oh bummer - wonderful journalist :frowning: rip

A nice article about Fisk in the i newspaper today, written by his former editor, Simon Kelner, when Fisk was at The Independent.

2 Likes

I will see if I can read that online.

always searched out his articles for his opinion on the Middle East. and one of the reasons I bought an Independent on line subscription when it went digital…(which has little to do with the website Independent). He will be missed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.