Roger Waters - Dark Side of the Moon Redux

Ay comments from Mr Gilmour!!!

RW missed the opportunity. Use a cow instead of a dog and call it Dark Side Of The Moo! :cow2:

6 Likes

There is no dark side of the moon, really. Matter of fact it’s;
the udder side of the Moo and good for milking it :milk_glass:

7 Likes

"I’ve always been mad, I know I’ve been mad, like the
most of us…very hard to explain why you’re mad, even
if you’re not mad…”

2 Likes

Just listened to the ‘new money’ on Youtube, and fair play, I think it starts off brilliantly, but, then morphs into something entirely new, which seems rather incongruous given past familiarity with the track. It is self indulgent, but I do like the raspy slow delivery of his voice, certainly channeling Leonard Cohen for sure. Mmm, interesting.

3 Likes

Really? That doesn’t sound like him. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Shame that Ozzy has already done the dog link with Bark at the Moon :grinning:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Best jokes

That was low.

G

@GraemeH

Sorry if you are offended in some way by my observation!

He’s saving that for “Animals two moo”. Another opportunity to milk it for a few million quid for himself whilst grandstanding about the evils of capitalism and the plight of the poor plebs.

4 Likes

I’ve just played the version of Money, which @GeoffC posted, above, and I’m really pleased I did. That’s one album I won’t need to buy!

12 Likes

It was a joke … ‘low’…geddit?

G

Oh. The original was ok for its time, but this is horrible.

Cover art is great. The song sucks. Can’t say it ant other way.

I was not impressed by the version I heard on the web, but liked the look of the video. I’ll reserve judgement until I hear the whole album on Qobuz.

I think the whole idea is idiotic. Why not go off and write a new album instead of trying to make some selfish, cranky old man, egomaniacal point against his former amazing band mates.

Me personally, I hope his new working of a classic fails.

Over the years, I have lost all respect for him and I now only enjoy who he once was.

4 Likes

It’s not doing it for me. I’ll give it another listen but I’m pretty sure my mind / opinion will remain the same.

I understand it.

Do I need to post the dictionary definition? (Cattle+lowing)

2 Likes

Just listened to it on YouTube.

Not really into it TBH but will wait for the full album on Qobuz and then decide if it’s worth the vinyl purchase.