Roger Waters re recording DSOTM

Seen them live many times. They are doing a DSOTM 50 tour this year, but I’ve seen them do it before and it is very VERY good :blush:
Highly recommended if you get a chance, they are definitely worth the ticket price :grin:

6 Likes

I thought it was a joke when I saw it…:crazy_face:

It is…

2 Likes

Oh the irony…Waters didnt write any lyrics for Piper and Gilmour wasn’t even in the band…and after being a PF fan nearly 40 yrs…Piper is without doubt their best album…pure Syd. X

6 Likes

Play Piper…no RW megalomania there.

1 Like

Of all the Pink albums Piper has become one of my favs, and certainly one of the most played from their discography.

1 Like

At uni. my friends considered The Wall to be a complete commercial sell out.

4 Likes

I have seen them live many times, they are really very good!

5 Likes

When I was at Uni my friends thought Crass were a commercial cop out. And as for The Clash. . . or heaven forfend, The Alarm!

3 Likes

Is that the name of the band, the Australian Pink Floyd? And which one of them is Pink and who’s Floyd?

3 Likes

No, its the Australian Pink Floyd Show, I believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Australian_Pink_Floyd_Show

2 Likes

I seem to be in a minority who didn’t think much of his ‘Lockdown Sessions’ & will not get over excited about this either.

6 Likes

You won’t know until you’ve heard it. I’m not usually keen when music, which has become part of my DNA, is reworked. Usually even small changes from remastering efforts can really grate (Steven Wilson’s remastering of the Yes catalogue springs to mind), but if it’s being rerecorded by the original artist, then I’ll try to be more open minded and think of it as a new work, albeit one which I easily recognise. I will decide when I’ve listened to it a few times.

Neither can I, CW. In fact, I won’t be playing The Wall anymore, I’ll give my CD and LP to the Thrift store for charity.
I just refuse to abide RW’s type of arrogant behavior. People with notoriety should be using their influence for universal betterment. Especially when their popularity came from being horrendously overpaid (by us) for being lucky enough to be good at writing depressing poetry at a time when the entertainment world thought it was marketable.

4 Likes

Totally agree with you about Steve Wilson/Yes. A bit disappointing for me. Not awful, just expected more from the comments on here.

Lockdown Sessions sounded a pretty lazy effort to me & the sound quality was nothing to write home about (Qobuz).

1 Like

That’s odd - I streamed the Lockdown Sessions again this morning after writing my first post on this thread. I thought it was very good sound. C’est la vie.

2 Likes

There are a number of artists that some members listen to that others will not due to political, social behavior, sexual abuse or for whatever reason that comes to mind. Others continue to listen to the artist. There are certainly a couple of artists that I know I would never play any of their music.

An individual choice for us all.

6 Likes

Remaster #23 not enough? All the reinterpretation I need :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That is the bottom line. I have always liked his music but have zero alignment with his politics. I suppose the spectre of cancel culture looms in the shade…

3 Likes