Roon 1.8

Do you think I went too far with the specs of my core NUC? :joy: :rofl: I have ripped through half of my CD collection (600 pieces so far) and spent considerable time on metadata edits, but am getting this on the core:

Roon Database & Settings
99% of 227 GB available

Internal Music Storage
4000GB, Samsung SSD 860
96% of 3697 GB available.

Yesā€¦

1 Like

I thought it might be possible :smiley:

Anyone seen this, is my software actually up to date?

Nope. Earlier I had the error messages as in the above screenshot. They are now gone again. Something is clearly happening :slight_smile:

Just restarted Roon and the error is gone now, only found it as there was a red ! in the upper left of the interface.

The ā€˜metadata improver haltedā€™ error comes and goes occasionally for some users. Iā€™d ignore it (since itā€™s gone anyway for nowā€¦ ) and see if itā€™s fixed in 1.8!

Iā€™ve had that error message in the past. I read somewhere that it was relating to contract with Roon network being interrupted

Same here.

Iā€™ll probably wait a couple wees before updating.

That kind of little ā€œerrorsā€ do not augur wellā€¦

Capture

Might just be the server being busy, I was taking it more as a sign of things happening

Not so sure. A server not responding at such king of simple query never is a good signā€¦

But I donā€™t doubt things will be sorted out rapidly.

Sure, maybe not a good sign as such, but being temporarily too slow is not yet a huge thing, the timeout also seems to be very short

Why are we still waiting for an update? Because of the pending iOS app update?

Because we have nothing better to do :wink:

3 Likes

Be sure to make a (multiple) backup of your database before upgrading. I know Iā€™ve failed to do that in the past and it ended up kicking my a** when I had to a database reset and the only backup I had was a few months out of date.

2 Likes

That would make sense. Like many error messages in lots of software the message can often be misleading or cryptic.

My favourites are ones like ā€˜Something went wrongā€¦ā€™, yes quite!

Available now!

1 Like

Yes, mine is updatingā€¦

2 Likes

No iOS update tho and thatā€™s what you want to do first?

Here we goā€¦

Allons-y!