Roon 1.8

‘Lockout’ issue now resolved through a reboot of the NUC running roon, probably first one since 1.8 upgrade.
Not quite an ‘appliance’.

Roon have just posted an update, it addresses some of the complaints that they have seen.

Not available on ios but a Core update is available and I have installed it and so far all is well.

7 Likes

Better, and more updates are coming :+1:
Thanks for the heads-up

1 Like

Is now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I have updated the core but don’t seem to have access to the new features. Do you have to upgrade the remote app as well (although no update on iOS appears in the store)?

For app features, yes, obviously. Availability of app updates is up to Apple/Google.

Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available soon. There is no update for Roon Bridge at this time.

1 Like

Not sure about all the new features but I had to go to Roon settings to reinstate album ratings, so appears they have introduced options for change, if that makes sense.
Apple/IOS seemed an automatic update.

1 Like

Mmmm, no new functions or update… will wait for the app and check after that. Thanks

I didn’t do anything really, just opened Roon, and both Roon and my Innuos started the update process, took a few minutes, then new features were available. I use IOS/Apple.

1 Like

It’s a bit strange. I updated to build 763 this morning. I put on the album Moon Safari by Air (CD rip) and it sounded different. Anyone else experiencing changes in the sound? I did not notice anything going from 1.7 to 1.8.

Don’t know about changes to sound, but I have just updated to build 763 and have lost all of the theme and circle mods I had made. I guess that was potentially to have been expected, but I was also switched to the default white theme.

But not the iOS app update I suppose. Features that were added to the app (like a setting to show ratings) will need an app update

Edit: Android Play store in Germany got the app update within the last few hours

My default theme stayed dark after the Android and Windows update. Of course, all bets are off when tinkering with resource files

1 Like

I uninstalled the app from my iPad and installed the same version again and all the settings are now available.

1 Like

Are you sure it was the same version and the available version had not updated in the app store in the meantime?

It’s possible, but there was no indication of an update in the store.

I must have mine set for automatic updates, it’s a MacBook I’m using this morning, as I didn’t do anything except select that feature in Roon, just checked iPad,IPhone, that seems to be the case.

I think it defaults to automatic updates on Windows and Macbook, there is a setting in Roon > Settings > About, where you can also see the current build number.

If it did update to build 763, then yes, you will have the new settings. However, the iOS update for iPhone/iPad was also necessary to get any new app-related settings there, and had not yet been available for everyone in the app store, such as apparently Flachead

1 Like

OK, had time to check, MacBook updated itself, had to go to Roon App and update for iPad/IPhone, working now on all equipment, e.g. changed album settings to show ratings on iPad.
Note each appliance, in my case IPad/iPad mini/IPhone all have to have the App updated.

1 Like

Before any updates, copy the theme files you’ve changed to a folder on your desktop. Then after the update, just delete the new ones, and then copy and replace the ones you’ve made.