Roon 1.8

Thanks - I had already done that, so it only took a minute or so to replace the files again with my modified ones.

Luckily, I hadn’t got around to reinstating ‘squares’ before I was warned not to use my original backup & to re-edit the new file. Done that now, so I’m back where I want to be.

Pity I can’t change the default theme on my iPad as well!

Was listening to Tom Jones singing Riders in The Sky composed by Stan Jones:

Next build is already out!!

2 Likes

Not getting anything done between writing on the Roon forum and updating the software! :smiley:
Thanks. This is a small one though, as one would expect. Obviously good for those affected.

3 Likes

That was quick!

1.8 build 764 even on iOS. The Roon dev team must have worked day and night?

I’ve still not got past the fact iOS apps flash :boom: brilliant white fullscreen when relaunching. Does nobody at Roon use the dark theme? I’m sure there are tons of under the hood improvements, but aesthetically this really grinds my gears.

2 Likes

Yes - listening in a dimly lit room, the bright flash is rather unwelcome :flushed:

1 Like

FWIW I am running the Windows desktop application on Linux and have this as well. Was not there with 1.7.

1 Like

Wow the fact it’s cross-platform leaves me more surprised it slipped through… But also cautiously optimistic that it’ll be fixed.

I think I read that they are using a new toolkit, I would guess cross-platform. Maybe an artifact of that. I don’t have it on Android though

What is this white flash, can’t say I have noticed it on any Android, windows or Mac I have used.

For me on Windows/Linux, it’s when I start up or occasionally when I switch to the app window. The window content is white for a second or so. I can’t complain much as it’s Linux, but was not there with 1.7. Don’t have it on Android either. Quite many people report it on iOS when switching to the app

Don’t get it on real windows, don’t use iOS devices so I am free of this quirk.

I tend to use my iPad for Roon and I’ve set it to keep the screen active so it doesn’t switch off. It’s in dark mode and the brightness on the lowest setting. This works quite well in a very dark room.

That bright flash you’re referring too would do my head in as well!

Cant say I have any noticed any white flashes on my iPad or iPhone with Roon.
I am using iPad (5th generation).

Just got mine to check (use the desktop version during the day) and there isn’t a white flash when opening. Even if I force close and reopen.

Nope, can’t remember the last time I was flashed at

1 Like

I do briefly - in a way (having just checked on the iphone). It opens with a black screen, then I get a white loading screen with Roon logo before the album art or whatever is displayed, but for just a fraction of a second and not a flash as such… The desktop MacOS opens with a white screen anyway… I’ll have a look at the iPad later…

This is what I get on my iPad mini and iPhone XS

Contains flashing imagery :warning: