Roon and NDS - lack of waveform

Lesson learnt!

1 Like

Hi BF,

I havenā€™t had the waveform issue but have lost the Core three times on my Audiostore Prestige. It first happened on Easter Monday and most recently on the early May bank holiday.

Martin advised deleting and reinstalling Roon which worked. The biggest pain has been mucking about with metadata, especially box sets which Roon doesnā€™t get right.

I had thought it was related to the fact I had been refreshing MinimServer, which I have since deleted, but perhaps not.

It also went twice after rebooting the Prestige but has been ok on more recent boots. I have taken to attaching a monitor and videoing the reboot! No issues with the Sonore Bridge although it showed unknown server when the problem happened.

Martin mentioned someone else had the same problem. Perhaps it was you or maybe a more widespread issue :thinking:

Keith

Hi Keith,
Our system has been stable since that delete & reinstall of Roon on the Prestige. Martin suspects that the latest version of Roon Remote is/was not recognising the older Roon Core software, so making sure that both are up to date resolved the issue. However, he is not 100% sure, as finding the true root cause(s) in software can be devilishly tricky as we all know.

Throughout this one glitch, I was able to access & use the Prestige server using other software, so I am pretty confident that the issue was never the Prestige server, at least in our case.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

Hi BF,

If it was a Roon issue it presumably started with 933 and continued with 935 as my first incident was on Easter Monday and the last was on the May bank holiday weekend. Fingers crossed itā€™s fixed now.

It must be the Core rather than the remote as the Sonore Bridge also loses connection and the log on the Nova browser cuts off at the point when the Core disappears.

I have noticed that current version has the slightly annoying habit of showing the lost connection screen for a fraction of a second when you open the app.

1 Like

Thanks Keith. Good to have a fellow user, so that we can compare notes when it all starts to go astray.
I think @Camphuw is in a similar position.

Best regards, BF

2 Likes

Yes I was, also friends using the prestige with B&O are having problems: worked fine for two weeks then failed to find the B&O kit. My system seems stable after a reinstall.

I always update remotes first if there is a new release of one as athe rule of thumb, then update core. Donā€™t have any issues then, if core is updated first then it can cause problems as the remote may not connect.

1 Like

I really donā€™t think itā€™s the remotes because the Sonore UPnP Bridge also lost connection with the Core and the Roon diagnostic log stopped adding new rows at the moment the Core disappeared.

Keith

Hi BF,

I thought you might be interested in an update on the disappearing Roon issue. It has happened to me a few times since we last spoke. The problem occurs when I reboot the Prestige. This is something I used to do frequently due to Roon skipping via the Sonore Bridge, but has not been necessary since I upgraded to full fibre broadband.

Anyway, it turns out that Roon restarts if you expose the Roon database. You can then hide it again and Roon should successfully restart again. This is not exactly ideal but better than recreating the Core.

Keith

2 Likes

Iā€™ve found that walking the dog can fix a great many things ā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.