Roon - New Album tracks marked “unavailable”

I am a happy Roon user. Always interested in the section New Releases of Roon. Now sometimes opening a new release, it has the bigger part of the tracks listed as “unavailable”. I obviously can’t play those tracks, but what does “unavailable” exactly mean and why is Roon still publishing the album as new even though I cannot use it? Is this more like a heads-up that the album is soon to be released? Will the unavailable tracks become available at some point?

It happened again this weekend with a new release of Till Bronner. Also on Qobuz the tracks are marked “unavailable”

Iver

If it’s on Qobuz then it could be one of two things. Its not released yet, they put them up for pre-order to but them on their site very early sometimes and show up like this to stream… Or it’s only available to buy and not stream and has crept into the catalogue, had this a few times. But more likely its not released yet.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that a new releases will sometimes just have the prerelease singles for a few days, the remainder following shortly after.

1 Like

That clarifies @CrystalGipsy So that means that “at a certain moment” the tracks will become available for me?

Iver

1 Like

@IvdZ It’s not out until 23rd of October, so all will be available then.

2 Likes

thanks @GeoffC !!

1 Like

Just a note. If you add the prerelease album entry to your library it will remain unavailable even after release. If this happens, delete it and re-add it after release day.

Had this just happen to me and popped the question on the Roon forum.

1 Like

Ah I didn’t know that @Kryptos !! Thabks dor the tip!! By the way, how exactly do you delete an album from the Roon library. It’s hard to find that option

Iver

1 Like

Yeah I also did not. Was waiting for a favourite artist’s album to become playable this week and it did not. Folk on the Roon forum finally helped out.

And yeah it’s pretty tucked away. I could only find the option on the Roon PC client.

• Go to the album
  • Click on the three dots
  • Select edit
  • Scroll all the way down to the delete option.

Not in front of the computer right now but that’s what I remember doing.

After re-adding the album the tracks became playable.

But, if the album is only being released later this month it will only work after that, of course…

1 Like

Super(!)helpful … thanks for the guidance @Kryptos
Enjoy your Sunday
Iver

1 Like

Hey no worries! It’s a pleasure. Hope it helps :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.