Roon Nucleus with a Hugo TT 2

Hello @nbpf Certainly a normal Digione/ USBridge would be superfluous with the RPi4, which is an upgrade from previous versions, when playing into the Mutec.

Not so sure about a ‘Signature’ as this does separate out the ‘dirty’ and ‘clean’ side, not just for reclocking. Difficult to know without an audition, since the Allo products are distributed via web-shop.

I have tried the Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock USB and I have a Shiit Eitr, which I currently do not use. They are both very capable isolators and USB to SPDIF bridges and the Mutec has a number of additional functionalities and interfaces.

As long as your TT2 is fed by the Mutec, I do not think that replacing your RPi4 with an RPi4 + Digione Signature (with SPDIF output to the Mutec) or with an USBridge Signature (with USB output to the Mutec) or with a USBridge Signature + Digione Signature (with SPDIF output to the Mutec) would make a significant difference.

However, as I mentioned, I think that a direct USB connection between a USBridge Signature and the TT2 would sound better than a direct USB connection between the RPi4 and the TT2.

Thank you for that useful summary. I will stick with the RPi4 / Mutec combination for now. If I set up another roon endpoint elsewhere in the house then I may look at the Allo products again.

I am also considering the Bowers & Wilkins Formation Wedge (roon capable) as an alternative to the Muso Qb2 for my office and the Formation Flex for the bedroom. First I will get the new router set up this week to see if the Qb2 can connect again.

Yes, using a SonoreUPnP bridge can present a Roon endpoint, with the music library stored on a Melco server & indexed by a Roon Core, up with the Streamer/DAC connected to the dedicated LAN port (the only reason to use a Melco server).

Have seen this operating in a NDS/2x555DR setup.

The new Plusnet router has proven to be compatible over wifi with the MusoQb2.

Setup via the Naim App, once I had done the pinhole reset on the Qb2, was seamless as per the prompts in the app (no more stalls when the ‘airplay’ and ‘chromecast’ steps start, and the temporary AP network broadcast by the Qb2 during setup has disappeared - this was previously a anightmare with my iPads and PC as it ould not be turned off ).

I am now playing Radio Paradise FLAC via roon on the Qb2 in the office, included in a grouped zone with the RPi4/Mutec/TT2 in the lounge/diner, and also on a separate zone with a Logitech SqueezeBox Radio elsewhere.

The roon Nucleus+ is still acting as the roon Core on ethernet integrated via the player port on a Melco to Cisco 2960 then to the Plusnet router.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.