Roon on NDS q again

Tried and failed

Where do I find that config file and what do I look for when searching for it?

No, I do like it I´m just not good at it. If I can´t get this to work then I´ll never know if Roon is for me which then would lead to me not going forward (I think)

I think this is a permissions issue as I have encountered the same thing today as I’m mucking around with a Raspberry Pi which I found when sorting out the garage today.

Try changing the permissions on all the files and directories to allow everyone to read and write (chmod 777).

I looked in the folders placed in the applications directory. Don’t know if they should or should not be there. This is how permissions look for the folder named “UPnPBridge” and “Bin”

It’s in swedish and says I have permission to read and write for these folders

Edit: I missed that you said change to everyone. I’ll try it. I blame my new progressive glasses

Did this so far and with permissions set read and write for everyone.

Still getting the “error reading from socket” when I run the command again but without -i config.xml

However I no longer get the !!! ERRROR LOADING CONFIG FILE !!!
which could be a good thing :slight_smile:

Do you now have a config file?

If so edit it and amend the 2 lines @Camphuw showed you, i.e.

<roon_mode>1</roon_mode>
<sample_rate>192000</sample_rate>

Then start it up without the -i command switch and hopefully you will see the NDS in Roon!

1 Like

Searched for the config.xml and found this on the desktop! Opened it in text editor and changed the roonthingy to 1

How would that -i command line look then? I feel daft

You only run it once as follows

./squeeze2upnp-armv6hf-static -i config.xml

The -i config.xml tells lms-to-upnp to create the config.xml file.

Thereafter you just do

./squeeze2upnp-armv6hf-static

It will then just run without creating the file, thus overwriting any changes you have made.

will the computer find the config.xml where it placed it?

I’s here:

It should do

like this: Sudo /applications/UPnPBridge/Bin/squeeze2upnp-osx-multi-static -i config.xml

I think that was what I ran with to create the config.xml

No

Sudo /applications/UPnPBridge/Bin/squeeze2upnp-osx-multi-static

the -i config.xml is for the FIRST use only to create the config file so don’t use again otherwise it will overwrite your file and lose any changes you have made

1 Like

Still this way :grimacing: :disappointed_relieved:

Your English is fine and I will keep it simple - I hope.
I started with the Pi - hence the Pi processor for squeeze2upnp.
I’m dyslexic so I had to take care with restyling the instructions - got it wrong a couple of times. But once I understood the principles with the Pi I transferred that knowledge to running it on the Mac.

How does Roon look?
Has it found your player?

Unfortunately not. I am so greatful to you and @trickydickie for your extensive help and all the time you put on me trying to make this work. And @Weta

1 Like

It might be worth temporarily disabling your computer’s firewall. This may be causing the error reading from socket message you are seeing.

1 Like

It’s already disabled.

Restarted my computer and tried to run the command again ending up with this

But no NDS in Roon

Now it’s working. I needed to enable the squeezebox thingy in Roon. Before when I used that it didn’t work. Now it does. Horray!!

2 Likes