Roon price hike

In the long run they all want the user data - I doubt they are happy to let Roon have the big picture (access to everyones users).

The next step is a new post-Roon product to get rid of the lifetime-licences.

I also feel sorry for the poor musicians. Add up internet sub, Roon sub, streaming sub … the money that used to feed the music business now goes to the large tech corps.

1 Like

There was always middle men taking their cut. The retail chain of things for one, distribution networks etc these have just been replaced by the online and streaming model. The record label still gets the biggest chunk like they always have.

RoonLabs is a great company. They listen to their users and the overall ethos IMHO is humble.

I took a gamble with Roon and helped them in the early days - with a lifetime, when they needed instant cash rather than VC funding.

A well run sustainable company realises the subscription model is the way forward but glad they still offer perpetual.

Honestly, 700 dollars isn’t even worth worrying about - when I consider this software largely provides my overall and complete music experience for those little black boxes.

1.7 is testament to how Roon conducts itself and truly, hard-work pays off!

There are so many complainers on the “other” forum like the threads “Is Roon dying”. Im glad we have a really healthy community here.

6 Likes

Hella Malla

I completely agree. I could not have said it better myself. I am sure we have lots of members who feel the same way. I am so pleased with Roon that I had say a little more than just “click on the heart like” on your post. Thanks for saying this.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.