Ryder Cup

Working from home today I managed to keep tabs on everything happening near Rome. What a start for Europe! But plenty of time left for the US to catch up. So many great moments, but those final putts from Jon Rahm and Justin Rose were immense. Looking forward to day 2, more drama to come.

6 Likes

Just watching the high lights and am reminded of last weeks Solheim Cup.
America finished strongly day 1 but Europe came back at them.
This is a strong US team, they will not go down easy IMHO.
We have a marvellous weekend of golf ahead, I’m sure😉

1 Like

The best show on earth!

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

Loved every minute of it, some unbelievable shots. Alarm set for 0615 again, looking forward to a great weekend of golf and hopefully Europe winning back the trophy.

2 Likes

it’s so unbelievable how a little golf event exposes the massive cultural differences between the US and Europe

Europe (in it’s post-war form) has realised how important it is to come together and work as a team; The US still thinks a group of highly talented individual contributors can accumulate enough points to get across the line. That’s a very big difference in philosophy.

Great for one person winning a major.

Not so great in foursomes.

C’est la vie.

Wait…

Quel che sarà sarà

The match play format, foursomes and four balls all add extra depth and tactics to the game. Players attempting shots that would not make sense in stroke play. It’s all wonderful. McIlroy and Fleetwood about to go one up after one hole?

I can’t believe that margin of victory. 9 & 7. Extraordinary.

2 Likes

Against a pair of major winners! Destroyed them

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

the US should be happy that they slept thru the foursomes this morning

Schauffele gagging on the 5 footer at 17 just sums it up. I know Rahm’s almost HIO put the pressure on, but come on

all credit to Europe and LD though - they’re just playing great format golf these 2 days

1 Like

A great afternoon. A real fight back and maybe a lull in focus from Europe. Rose was class as always? Will make for a great Sunday. Rest up eu and come out fighting g please

Atb
Kk

1 Like

The USA have to front load the singles tomorrow with their best guys or it could be over before they play. LD has more options/dilemmas on how to do it. Exciting.

1 Like

Get In there! Amazing competition. Best sport in the world. Only wish I was better!

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

The Ryder Cup - proof that the world’s most boring game CAN be exciting!

Some wag once described golf as ‘a good walk spoilt’! (Or words to that effect.)

1 Like

Mark Twain wasn’t it🤔

1 Like

That’s very possible, Twain had a wicked sense of humour.

1 Like

If you have never played then u might find that funny

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

Apparently not.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/28/golf-good-walk/

But it was the title of a bestselling book on the PGA by John Feinstein.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.