Samsung ending Blu-ray player production

That’s a worrying trend. Streaming is not there for SQ compared to Blu-Ray and 4K. There is also no alternative for high quality music concert Blu-Rays.

1 Like

Before Panasonic and Pioneer recently came out with their flagship 4k players, nothing could match the Oppo and Cambridge, but it looks like they gave up competing after that. To the mass market, I doubt they’ve heard of them and probably would only stick to big brand names they know.

With the number of people around the world interested in high quality video, I just can’t believe the future is in streaming only. There’s too many limitations with streaming.

I’m awaiting delivery of a Panasonic dp ub9000. Hopefully should keep me happy for many years.

4 Likes

The CXUHD is still on Cambridge Audio’s website (as of today) , though not in the home cinema section, it is in the audio section, presumably because it is a universal player. I must admit that if I were starting out again , I would go down the universal player route with a high quality DAC.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.