Sbl on Mana Acoustic: improvement or worsening

Sleets under mine on wooden floor as well.

The recommendation back in the day was to use thin bits of wood attached to the floor by blutack so the spikes do not damage the flooring.

I bet Hendrik’s system sounds amazing.

Been using phase 2 on my SBLs for as long as I remember and a big improvement in sound.

1 Like

I understand then that the suggestion is to take them … I see that the feedback (and memories) of many of you are positive …

Finally they are on the way… hope arriving soon… :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Let us know how they get on with you :+1:

1 Like

finally arrived … yesterday I assembled everything (I hope well) … today listening test … :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I have just one level under my SBL’s and they they work well, no negatives that I can hear.

1 Like

They look almost new. Do you mind if I ask where you got them from?

an old sbl owner from germany sold them to me…

Thanks. The reason that I ask is that I managed to get some for my DBL’s from John Watson (Mana Acoustics) a couple of years ago. However, they vary from the original design (a mate still has some) in base board material and dimensions. I’ve tried them a few times, which is a PITA with DBL’s as you can imagine, but they’ve never really grabbed me and the DBL’s always sounded better naked on Naim chips. I suspect that the material and dimension change has something to do with it as my mates sound awesome.

I can see from the photos that yours are originals. How are you finding them?

Are you pleased?

unfortunately this weekend I was unable to rehearse … I hope tomorrow I can … let you know … what I can tell you while my wife was horrified by their appearance and asked me if it was really necessary to keep them :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.