Screen Freeze Update?

Its well worth joining as Richard says…and you may help them solve your problem. If you do not like an aspect of a beta software can you can roll back to the release version. So nothing to lose really, plus something like Qobuz you would have been listening to months before release.

Interesting. I hadn’t had one for quite a while either, and then a few in the last week. Or just coincidence?

Maybe the weather response​:joy::joy: try to remember what did you do on your equipment before it’s happened …maybe we did something in common.it can be a sign

It is been quite warm here recently, so maybe indeed. I don’t think anything else’s changed.
Same with you?

My iPad has no cellular so WiFi assist is not an option. This always happens when coming out of sleep. I suspect there is some kind of bug when trying to re-establish a connection to WiFi.

Probably a bug in your WiFi router then. It’s not something that anyone else has reported seeing happening with the iPad app in recent times anyway, so almost certainly not a bug in the app anyway.

Best

David

Also in my country the weather were extremely hot

My star is still suprising me with doing new odd things. Yesterday whilst listening to the radio it rebooted itself. I was not touching the remote, the ipad was on a table so no input from there either to cause this. Has this happened to anyone else. On a more positive note it is not presenting me with a blank screen or frozen screen as often now. Been keeping a log of the star’s antics so once the lock down is over will email it into Naim and my dealer.

This has happened to me once. I’ve had it for about a year.

I should not have said it was behaving, this morning blank screen, remote unresponsive, used iPad to select input I wanted and got a very faint screen of icons. 15 mins later suddenly showed input fine. Weird.

Screen freeze again after 8 days only… I think never get rid of it

New update due in the next week or so which is meant to address it.

2 Likes

I don’t trust those updates anymore

Keep the faith! When it’s released it will be because also the beta group is not seeing the problem any more…
Best

David

2 Likes

Next week update you said???
2 weeks lately…still nothing

I actually said “in the next week or so” which gives rather more leeway. On another thread, I have seen 15 June mentioned (tomorrow).

1 Like

Mine has not frozen since the last update.

G

My screen continues to freeze or remain blank on a depressingly regular basis, few times a week. Personally, I do not hold much hope that the next update will resolve the problem, this has been the mantra for well over a year now and seems very much like the empty promises of politicians before elections. Of course, I could be pleasantly surprised and the update will live up to expectations and hopes of many in this thread.

The blanks are (in my experience) a new problem with the latest firmware. Symptoms are different that the cure is simply to put it in standby and back on, where with the freeze it needs a full restart.

I do really hope, but like you am sceptical, the screen freezes will get fixed. In addition the phantom mute after using HDMI is something I could really do without.

I assumed this was the update for the Uniti range (screen freeze), but the only update has been for the MuSo’s.
Any further news?