Sell my 500 system and go to Bang and Olufsen, am I mad

I guess the Q7 is quite ugly (which SUV isn’t?)

3 Likes

Hi,

I don’t know how 500 and B&O perform but if you want to downsize maybe you should look to other active speakers before making a definitive decision (ATC…etc.).

Best regards

I am quite impressed by the Tesla SUV.

3 Likes

An alternative response for the OP. Many make the decision to downsize their systems and are very happy, BUT equally there are plenty of documented cases where the decision is regretted.

Maserati Levante :blush:

1 Like

Looks wise? You must be joking

Now have a look at the Ghibli and tell me the Levante still looks good

2 Likes

The Ghibli is a stunning car but, as SUVs go, the Levante is pretty fierce. That or a Lamborghini Urus…

Maybe the OP has now hearing loss and can’t really appreciate a very resolved system as 500 series from Naim. Some here have also considerably downgraded their system for health reasons. Nothing to criticise then.
But if it’s not the case, the B&O will be a terrible error.

1 Like

Or Ferrari Purosangue

2 Likes

YES!!!

Oh, what a wonderful landscape….

1 Like

I have never understood the word “resolved” as a description for hifi…

It means to come to a solution or reach a decision.

Can anyone explain?

Could I just add something about these comments about tinnitus in this and other threads, I have developed tinnitus over the past few years and it is now pretty constant. However, while it must interfere with my listening with my olive 52 rig, it will do the same with every other set up. I must lose some of the detail but I will lose that detail with other systems. Having tinnitus isn’t a reason to get rid of your set up unless you need to or want to for other reasons. Your ears will surely continue to hear what they hear and the ‘better’ the sound then the more enjoyable the listening experience?

Sorry a brief hi-Jack!

6 Likes

The way I see it, tinnitus and associated hearing loss will degrade some aspects of your listening experience. Downgading your HiFi will also degrade some aspects of your listening experience, so it is not something I would do because of any hearing problems. If anything, I would want to do the opposite, and upgrade further to help counteract the hearing loss.

6 Likes

As SUV’s go, the Levante certainly isn’t the worst. But indeed “As SUV’s go”, I still don’t think any SUV actually looks good. The Lamborghini Urus I’ve actually seen, and that’s ugly even “as SUV’s go”, like the Porsche Cayenne.

One thing these suffer from is that these are sports car brands, which then try to keep the look of their sleek sports cars, while ruining the proportions as they’re creating something that’s closer in shape to a delivery van. It just doesn’t work.

It would be much better if they started with a clean slate and just designed for that shape, but of course these brands don’t want to let go of their brand identity.

1 Like

I suspect it is simply that English is not FR’s first language. My assumption is he means resolving?

1 Like

Even the term “resolving”. I’m still unsure how it translates to hifi. I can’t find a definition that makes sense in a descriptive way for sound. Unless it pertains to resolution??

When people use it I just don’t really understand what they mean.

If one component is more resolving than another does that mean it solves a problem, or is it more detailed?

Seems Andrew R. on Youtube also extremely impressed by the BEOLAB 28.

1 Like

Is it me, or is perhaps the dial from the same OEM supplier as the Mu-So (Qb) one?

It’s used in the same sense as resolution for a computer monitor.

One of five meanings:

Concise Oxford Thesaurus

resolve

:arrow_forward: verb
the ability to resolve facts into their legal categories: ANALYSE, dissect, break down.
the grey smudge resolved into a sandy beach: TURN, change, be transformed.

1 Like