Send Her Back?

Ah, Derek, you must read “The Use of English” thread.

This is an internet forum. On the Internet apparantly, it is allowed, ney encouraged, that poor spelling, incorrect words (eg there v their), incomprehensible letters eg LOL) and sloppy collections of words (such as those above) be the order of the day.

It is for the reader, not the creator of a post, to determine its true meaning !.But heaven help the reader if they get it wrong or critisise the originator in anyway. :sunglasses:

FIFY!

Sorry, couldn’t resist :grinning:

2 Likes

It was one hell of a big motorbike!

2 Likes

:joy: I bet it was

Don, your sense of humour is either much more ironic than I thought, or you really do need to take much more care of your spelling before throwing stones in glass houses! (Apparently, not apparantly; nay, not ney; criticise not critisise). Last, but not least, you shouldn’t use a full stop after an exclamation mark.

Hope you don’t mind, old bean!

1 Like

It is, but all road users have a duty of care to drive/ride etc in a way that allows us to deal with unexpected events, however unlikely.

Hi Timmo and Svetty,

No problem. I had hoped nobody would notice …

1 Like

I have to admit to editing at least 50% of my posts to correct spelling errors - no matter how much I proof read, they manage to sneak through!

I know the feeling.

I try very hard with my Brain Teasers to make simple, unambiguous statements, but I still make errors.

With other threads, I am probably less diligent. I look for those broken red lines beneath incorrect spellings and generally correct them. But a rapid response on my i-Pad is often riddled with typos, spelling mistakes, grammatical errors etc etc …

Such is life !

But this thread is in danger of drifting !

I did not know that this forum had a policing protocol, didn’t use to have one in the eearly 00s.

Was the bull in the sidecar? Referencing my favourite film :slight_smile:

Don, I’m constantly amazed by the typos, spelling and grammatical errors that creep into my posts, even after I notice some and edit them!

I balme the wine…

1 Like

No policing protocol applied that I’m aware of.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.