Servicing Naim in Ireland

Hi all,

Where should I go to get my CB HiCap serviced in Dublin? Last serviced in 2005 by Class A I think!

1 Like

Back to the UK.

Check in with Cloney Audio, they do have a guy that does some Naim servicing I believe.

2 Likes

Can’t say enough about the lads in Cloney Audio, it’s a pleasure to drop in there.

3 Likes

Thanks all. Will give Cloney a call on Monday morning. Just don’t want to spend €50+ each way for courier and I don’t have the packaging, so best to keep it local if possible!

Would be interested to hear your findings?
Know cloney have been dealing with Naim for some time, but didn’t think they were am approved service centre?

1 Like

I’ll keep yous updated. AFAIK there is only one or two Naim approved service centres in this part of the world? But I’m sure there are competent people around that can do the job. Change the caps, change the heat sink goop, is there much more to it?

Sure, each to their own. Personally I would never buy a unit that was not serviced and certified by Naim, irrespective of their competencies, but as said, each to their own.

1 Like

Obviously Cloney are your first port of call.

I cannot fully remember how I found a chap called Darius that was certified by Naim (and I think was who Cloney used) to DR my 300 but Naim did confirm to me that he was qualified to do so.

A friend who has a lot of Naim AFAIK deals with Audiospace in Belfast for his Naim requirements rather than Cloney.

My own experience of Cloney is that they sell Naim but under duress, but maybe things have changed.

.sjb

2 Likes

Some Naim dealers can do straightforward servicing such as a re-cap, where no other issues need fixing. They use Naim supplied service kits, so all components used are factory spec. However, they are unlikely to have the gear (or know how) to identify if performance has drifted out of spec due to other factors. In a HiCap (for instance), the monolithic regulators can become noisy over time - something that will be picked up by a service centre, but probably not by a local dealer.

1 Like

Absolutely true John.
Years ago they separated ways with Naim, and then came back again, but their focus is on sales IMO.
Good call for Audio space in Belfast, and speak to Wesley, the owner, but again they are sales and not support, as they would return stuff back to Base.

2 Likes

Google Abi Audio, it’s only on Facebook as far as I can see, but this is the guy who DRd my 300 and Naim verified to me at the time that he was authorised to do so.

.sjb

2 Likes

Thank you very much, everyone! Exactly the help I needed!

Audiospace are the all Ireland Naim agents, Cloney are resellers, any repairs go back to Naim via Wesley/Audiospace. Darius is the guy alright and afaik he’d be well capable of doing a psu service.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.