Shazam - useful watch app

I installed Shazam on my galaxy watch. Amazing how accurately it identifies what’s streaming on my Muso across the room. :yum::sunglasses:

1 Like

I have had Shazam on my pocket computer ever since I first had one which must be more than a decade ago now, and it can identify tunes in much more challenging environments than at home, and usually from only a very short “listen”. It is indeed quite an amazing app, whatever device it is on.

Apple owns Shazam so it’s built into iOS and applewatch it’s cool product

1 Like

Having it on the Watch is really cool - 2 clicks & hey presto :watch::yum:

1 Like

Over the years the integration with iOS has produced remarkable results and, although I’ve seen false positives, I continue to be impressed by how good it has become in relatively noisy environments such as my local coffee shop. I’ve never yet “discovered” anything new I’d want to buy though it has often reminded me that the reason something sounds “vaguely familiar” is that I already own it.

1 Like

I listen a lot to the German radio station NDR 1 who play a mix of international and German songs - Shazam never fails to identify what’s playing.
Going to try it with Canton pop next! :grin:

1 Like

I have Shazam on my Ipad and Google Sound Search on my phone. I find that Google Sound Search is more likely to recognise obscure or very new pieces of music/songs so tend to use that more.

Blow me down… It recognised this sung in Cantonese (it’s the theme song from Titanic)

If it technically works, how it did years ago, it should be pretty language-agnostic.
(But I don’t know, how much Apple tweaked/changed/added the last years.)

If only there were a Naim-app on the phone(s) - then you would not even have to look it up via indirect recognition involving the internet, 3rd party apps, and the like. :wink:
Internet radio should have the information, which song is playing.

(I “lobbied” for an aWatch app years ago, maybe just with the little information and the few controls available in the iOS widget. But I don’t think it’s (high) on the list for Naim…)

Shazam works on a watch because it’s so simple. Other attempts at displaying streaming systems are usually too complicated to be of any use, IMHO :grin:

Nothing to do with it being on a phone, other than you don’t have to take it out of your pocket, On my pocket computer if I used Shazam often it would be two steps because I’d have the app on the home page, however as I don’t use it often and it takes five finger movements. I take it you’ve only just discovered Shazam?

I trialled an i-watch for a week a year or so ago, but found although it (wrist mounted computer interface) was a nice gimmick I didn’t feel it was justified buying one.

Got it on iWatch and iPhone. I like it.

1 Like

It’s an android app on the galaxy watch.

I very much doubt there is much difference in practical terms, if any at all, from Shazam on an iWatch, iPhone or iPad

It’s just easier to use watch, as I don’t use the phone much.

Its a ‘complication’ on apple watch as well so can be on the front screen.

I’ve used it for donkeys years - well, over ten at least.
Very useful tool, on the iPhone I can even ask “Siri, what’s this song?” and without even opening any app, Shazam finds it and Siri answers with the title.
I’ve only ever found one (not a live or session version) song it couldn’t identify which was the somewhat obscure mid 80’s tune “When The Boy Comes Knocking At My Door” by Barbara Fowler.

In fairness Giles Peterson on R6 on a Saturday frequently confuses shazam