Show us what's inside

Naim standard 1mm2 cable.

4 Likes

Nowt special in there!

…and there was me thinking that it was Brighton rock!

If you give it a good chew. Blueberries, banana, raspberry and liquorice flavours should come through. Willy wonka buzz style.

1 Like

Always loved the Meridian 200/203 combo, had the pair I bought from new for many years, although a Naim CDI finally took over duties…nice pics, thanks for sharing them!

Trying this out.

But dusty inside

3 Likes

Rotel ?

1 Like

Its a big old lump. Decent Tx and caps.

1 Like

Correct, Trying 4 991s on the Keltiks over Klouts and a 250…

1 Like

1 Like

That’s quite a beast next to a Klout !

4 Likes

1 Like

Insides of my MF A300cr which is currently in service whilst the Nu vista power is away.

1 Like

My mate had a 206, bought after attending a Meridian evening, given by Bob Stuart, Stanleylands Hotel, Wilmslow, Manchester in 1990.

I think he still has it, but main system is now a pair of 8000 Ruby Anniversary with 800 components.

Never had the 203, my 200 played into a Pink Triangle DAC, with the Pacific’s 24-bit filter. Got 24/48 processing out of it, as well, from a SqueezeBox 3.
Replaced the Squeezebox & DAC with a ND5XS/NP5XS and so began the Naim journey to the NDS/555DR.

1 Like

While we are doing this - on the AV side

Tag McLaren AV32R Home Theatre Processor - note use of the SHARC processor, present in the Naim Streamers, nDAC etc.

Tag McLaren DVD32R (I have the FLR version, but they used the same components for DVD playback.

And the Pink Triangle DAC I used before a Naim ND5XS/NP5XS superseded by the NDS/555DR

6ii788-g00 (1)
I used with the Pacific Micro 24-bit filter and 2 Digital input cards - one for the CD transport and one for the Squeezebox3 streamer.

This is a dual DAC7 design from John A. Westlake, whose designs also include:

Cambridge Audio: DACMagic MK1,2 & 3, CD4, CD4SE, CD6, IsoMagic
Audio Innovations: Alto CD player, TubeTechnology Fusion
Quad Electroacoustics: Elite FM, Artera (Streamer Section), Solo (Streamer Section)
Peachtree Audio: Nova, iDecco, iNova, iDac
Audiolab: 8200CD, 8200CDQ, 8200DQ, MDAC
Pro-Ject: PreBox S2 Digital, HeadBox S2, DAC Box S2+, StreamBox S2 Ultra

The Quad Artera Analogue Pre

QUAD-ARTERA-PRE-Review-3

1 Like

Audiolab 8200CD is also rather neat inside.

1 Like