Show us what's inside

64pF/m is perfectly OK, thats not high C & typical of what you might find with a lot of ‘normal’ single conductor pair type cables on the market.
High C is such as Litz type & plaited/braided cables, these are typically in the 200pF/m & above range

Very happy to believe it’s okay. I only have a Uniti Star, so not that relevant to me anyway, but it is over 3 times what JV apparently stated as the MAX (in capitals), in the section “Relevant specs”.

20pF/m effectively means NACA4 (or A5) or another brand with the 15mm conductor spacing.
I can understand the need for inductance loading, but capacitance is far more complex being associated with the intricacies & huge variables of speaker capacitive reactance, this has a far greater variables involved than does the pF/m variations in cables.
So sorry but I don’t buy it.

1 Like

Has it broken in yet Ian, or does it a bit longer? :grin:

I fully agree with you there. My whole point from the beginning was that none if it seems to make much sense. The info @bruss dug up only seems to have increased confusion.

1 Like

Not sure if I like it… :thinking: Its seen a few other Naim things come & go. A 42 & 110, a 250, a 102, and an 82… Think its got staying power… And its quite flexible too…!!

The length of 7 metres was a guess - but so far, I have yet to have a room where 2 by 7m was not long enough.

When I first bought it, I had a Linn LP12 with Rega R200 and a Dynavector 10X2, an A&R A60E and a pair of Tangent RS2’s. How times have moved on since then…!

This picture caused some debate last year!!!

3 Likes

Don’t start the thermal paste debacle!

2 Likes

Pastegate returns….

1 Like

… I don’t think we need to go there again,

Run before the Pastefarians arrive!

1 Like

Hegel H390. From their own www. Like they are proud of it. What a giant mess :laughing: :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Nice thread Indeed, maybe a little too much talk… :relaxed:
My humble contribution then… a 1988 Yamaha cdx-1110

1 Like

I always thought this Cambridge CD player was pretty well built/laid out, when I had to open. Someone had managed to put a disc in when it already had one in! Not me, and she didn’t last long……

Interesting, AV Options offers a ‘Twisted 56’ loudspeaker cable and I understand now where this originated from.

2 Likes

Beautiful…

1 Like

At least all the thermal paste squeezed out the air between the gaps so I won’t debate about it.

Does it affect the sound? If not, does it matter?

I must admit I like that Naim’s layout is very neat, but it would not have made it into the decision tree when buying. I’ve never asked my dealer to open a case prior to purchasing.

One thing that I have just noticed is that all of the transformer ‘tails’ align with their respective loads and don’t take orthogonal routes around the chassis to get to where they need to.

2 Likes

Everything matters when you lose control in this hobby.

1 Like