Show us your ATCs

Sorry for the delay in responding, been away.

In short, yes I do but I am using them in a smaller room.

Finally got the HTS7’s in their final place…‘Bothy’ now commissioned…

IMG_4981

21 Likes

looks lovely Anthony, where’s the whisky shelf?

1 Like

Have a looksie at the ‘Beer’ thread… more piccies to follow soon in the ‘Whisky’ thread…

:tumbler_glass:

1 Like

How do the HTS7s sound?

1 Like

Ah yes, clearly one of their early wood fired Mono ATC set ups! :0)

2 Likes

When I demoed the Dealer only had SCM7’s, basically the same concept just not wall mounted. I took along my streaming amp and listened…very detailed sound, typical ATC, bass obviously less than my floorstanders, however as expected and very OK… So ordered the HTS7’s and not disappointed, very very similar to the SCM7’s and suit the room nicely both sound wise and visually.
ATC make such excellent speakers.

7 Likes

That is good to know, I am thinking of HTS7 speakers for the bedroom.

Halfway through the longest wait …!!! :grin:

10 Likes

The usual Christmas shut-down period will not help, but I am looking forward to reading your opinions once they are up and running in your system

1 Like

I was hoping the Xmas break was factored in tbh
but yep very much looking forward to hearing and sharing how they sound .

1 Like

As it’s a ‘show us your ATC’s’ thread, I thought I’d better post a picture of my SCM40 passives and C3C center channel.

We’ve just decorated and this was taken in advance of us finishing the room - we need to change curtains and finish some cement render around the chimney pipe. I’ve also fined tuned the screen/projector alignement and the speaker toe-in since this pic! The purpose of the decorating aside from refreshing was to make the room more of a cinema even though it’s our lounge. We’re lucky as the room is in two halves so we were able to use dark grey on the ceiling and projection wall and some dark colours around the screen while painting the rest of the room a cream colour to avoid it becoming a bat cave!

At the same time I replaced the screen with a 106" fixed frame model and added a Cambridge CXUHD 4K player and a new 4k DLP projector which has significantly improved picture quality. The sofa is really a set of cinema recliners which have had bass transducers added to the seat frames to shake the seat on dramatic explosions etc which is fun!

The ATC’s are driven by 82/Hicap/250 while the rest of the surround system is linked via pre-out and comprises a high end Pioneer AV amp, a REL sub and my old SBL’s doing rear duties.

I would say music, films and concert videos have about equal billing in this house! I have just received my copy of Del Amitri’s recent Barrowlands concert on blu-ray “Every night has a dawn” and it’s sublime! The director shot the concert footage using vintage lenses in 2.5k and post processed the concert footage to look like a classic 70’s concert. The sound was mixed to stereo in keeping with the purist 70’s approach. The disc also features a glorious unplugged session in Justin Currie’s home shot in razor sharp black and white and that part in particular is audio reference quality.

Given how much I love the Dels and the fact they haven’t released a concert film since the VHS era - this has been a real treat!

Jonathan

15 Likes

Hey Jonathan, how do you go about putting the HTS11’s on the ceiling? I have been struggling with what ceiling speakers to get with my naim speakers and thought ATC would be best. Just not sure on how to ceiling mount them. I work in aluminium fabrication so have some resources, but would appreciate some ideas.

Mario.

Mario,

I haven’t bought the HTS11’s yet but one of my projects if I do is to figure out a way of ceiling mounting them.

I have wondered anout mounting them on the corner between the side walls and ceiling pointing them inwards towards the listening seat but it sounds like your aluminium fabrication skills could be of great benefit!

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan, I wonder if ATC themselves have some ideas. I might email them when I have time. If the holes for hanging are like a keyway sort of thing, were there is a big hole that reduces to a small hole, it may be tricky as that would not be secure enough. the devil will be in the detail on this one!

1 Like

A review of the HTS7’s states that these, smaller, models have 2keyhole mounting points, and are supplied with a template for accurately drilling the screw-holes. I should imagine the 11’s will follow the same principle.
HTH, Al

1 Like

I’ve fitted sone HTS 7’s for my parents. As you describe there are a couple of holes for screws which you simply locate and slide down into place. There is a printed template that comes with the speakers to help marking the holes to be drilled and plugged . A simple DIY job for sure , I’ll try and find some pictures if possible.

These are all I could find but may help .

4 Likes

HTS7 Template, could easily make yr own I guess…(also on their website as a download I think)

3 Likes

12 Likes