Show us your ATCs

I was very pleased how the pippy oak turned out, ATC have done me proud. Ive seen photos of a few that have had less pippy, happy either way but live the grain and the strength of the pippy. Each set is so individual

1 Like

Its not just the size, but your room dimensions should not be a constraint. There maybe other factors if course that will determine the room dynamics…

Thanks. Looking forward to hear more about the 50s :+1:

1 Like

They look fantastic! Enjoy.

1 Like

Marc, absolutely stunning veneer on those 50’s - they look absolutely fabulous! Having had the 50’s in for review last year you’re bringing back some amazing sonic memories - especially the gut punching bass of Frankie Goes To Hollywood’s “Two Tribes total annihilation mix” on 12" vinyl played at high levels off the SME Model 60… That was pretty darned unforgettable! I played that running them active and also using 252/300DR (specially modified review pair) and frankly I didn’t give a stuff whether it was active or passive, they were just utterly, utterly jaw dropping. I had fun bringing a few of my daughter’s teenage friends in and playing that and watching their jaws drop and their perceptions of listening to music at home enter an entirely new paradigm!! (It’s important to inspire the next generation and all that…)

Shock and awe,

Enjoy!

JonathanG

8 Likes

Thanks JonathanG. they really are a major step up from the 40s, which btw I love. At their price point they are a total steal, and mine where mint and would be even more so secondhand.

As you say, the great impact of a major upgrade is getting to listen to your collection anew, and the 50s pack a punch, provide fine detail and that fantastic ATC neutrality and live feel that had me listening to esoteric electronica to jazz albums I know note by note like Id never heard them before. And they will only get better.

Been very grateful to the amazing long term support from Audiobarn, I’ve gone 11, 19, 40 and now 50s! Ive reached my limit! What I notice from that journey, is that whether its an 11 or a 50, the core house sound is there. Put another way, if you have 11s, you have a slice of a 50 sound. You dont have to turn 60 and drop a huge amount of money on yourself to be part of the party.

I’d still be really up for a ATC factory tour btw. Lets hope that opportunity comes around.

3 Likes

So would I…

1 Like

Yes, a factory tour of ATC would be great. I’m very pleased with my SCM40s, which I’ve had for approx 30 months now.

3 Likes

Me too

I will check if their plans for a tour have advanced and report back…

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip with “Two Tribes total annihilation mix” of the old Franky hit. This has power and foot tapping energy…
And yes the next generation is important: my son recently bought Isoacoustics Apertas and was thrilled how much better his B&W bookshelf speakers sound on the sideboard now… The show must go on…

3 Likes

I’d also be interested in a factory tour.

Have active 40user here too, a tour would be really interesting.
Gary

1 Like

ATC visit - sign me up!!!

And me… long way from Norfolk tho!

SCM10.
Output sound pressure level 80dB/W/m :grimacing:

11 Likes

Is this your spare, kept in store or currently at use? If so, may I know which amplifier are you using to drive them?

Does anyone know if they are ever planning a Pro version of the SCM40 with the nicer veneers?

I’d love a pair of the 50’s but not sure my amp is up for it…

I tried them with several amps, but bought actives as they are the best option - no doubt about it

1 Like

Does anyone happen to know when the latest version of ATC SCM50 was started for production? That is with the current drivers etc.

Regards