Show us your ATCs

Indeed, one of those rare moments when an upgrade saved me money!

1 Like

And carefully matched in the factory and test labs amps with speakers. That’s why the final result is so convincing

witchdoctor. co. No atc-scm20sl-at-active-loudspeakers-review/

All you need to know about active ATCs vs others

1 Like

Anyone seen the new ATC C4 mk2 sub. in dealers yet, or perhaps had a demo ?

For the price and features / specs. anyway, it looks like a winner.

I’m reasonably happy with my SCM100SLT actives.

But you know, you can never have enough bass / headroom in reserve :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Not heard any ATC subs in action. My dealer is trying to persuade me to add sub(s) to my SCM40As. When I suggested ATC’s own C1 which is designed to go with the entry series, including SCM40s, he was rather dismissive, recommending REL instead. Just one dealer’s opinion of course.

Incidentally, never been quite sure of the best way to wire up subs with active speakers. At least for preamps that don’t have a dedicated sub output.

Roger

Thanks Roger, I looked into that and the C4mk2 has XLR inputs for L&R Chanel’s in and out.

The user manual is very good at showing you diagrams on how to connect to passive and active configurations. My main concern was another “bottleneck” using that system back into my active ATC’s so I emailed ATC and they said there is no degradation of signal quality at all. As the C4 mk2 will send and unaltered signal back to my ATC actives XLR inputs.

I am also thinking about the REL No. 31 or 32 as well.

But I can get 2x ATC C4’s for almost the price of one REL No. 32 here in my country. Hence my interest in the ATC sub.

Rel s510 is the recommended sub for ATC40, I use I pair with my active 40’s connected to the 552 ps.
Gary

My incoming Linn Selekt has sub outputs so I’ll certainly try those, but it’ll be interesting to compare other possible wiring arrangements.

As for ATC subs vs REL, I did wonder if there might be some extra synergy with the ATCs, class AB amps in both vs class D in the sub, for example, but ultimately I’ll have to audition. The sub(s) will be on show, so the fact that the ATCs can be had with matching veneer counts slightly in their favour.

Fun ahead!

Roger

2 Likes

I would choose the ATCs for sure

Hi @Camlan
What make is the wooden/glass support base in pic 2&3?

Solid Sounds in Leeds. Highly recommended.

1 Like

View from my desk… double atc.

17 Likes

How do you rate the Cambridge streamer please?

I have 2 of them, SM6v2 and 851N. They are great - very neutral but transparent and full of details

Best option when connected directly to my active ATC 20s. (the SM)

3 Likes

The 851n is a nice piece of equipment.

I use mine as a DAC for my Sonys, and as a streamer for Spotify, connected by Chord Epic to the CD input on my 52.

Cambridge haven’t really replaced it afaik, as there is nothing between the CX and Edge ranges. I wonder if it was too expensive to produce for its’ selling price?

1 Like

I have both 851N and 851D. Connected to 851E and 2 851W. Very nice yes.
Replaced by Edge NQ, more expensive.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Anyone pairing SCM40/50 with NAP500/552/NDS? Or atleast NAP500 :blush:

ATC is a brand that seem to match my preferences but haven’t heard them with naim. One of my first wow moments from a speaker was their top level standmount speaker at a HIFI show. It sounded wonderful.

im very surprised by it! its easy to use, boots up real fast, has all the functions and a good app and sounds very decent. The only gripe is that the case rings so i added some damping

2 Likes