Show Us Your Bowie Artwork

@CautiousLip posted a lovely piece of Bowie art today in System Pics.

I have been looking around for something - Gavin Evans stuff looks interesting but would love to see if any forumites have any interesting stuff.

Many thanks.

Peter

1 Like

5 Likes

Pencil drawing by Yana Wolanski. The reflection’s on the glass don’t do the drawing justice.

6 Likes

One of a set of coasters…kirkandrewsart.com

1 Like

Not mine; it’s a poster for sale at wolf and badger.

2 Likes

For years I’ve been meaning to create a large scale transcription of one of The Dame’s album covers (prob George Underwood’s Hunky Dory), especially after seeing Roy Gregory’s listening room, where he has a couple of alternating canvases of album sleeves - this B-52’S example is particularly effective. One of Bowie’s album covers recreated like this would look tremendous if one had the wall space, especially if nothing else is hung nearby…

1 Like

I don’t have Bowie artwork and Bowie is not really my taste, but I found this clip fantastic and highly artistic:

1 Like

The detail is fantastic, almost like a photo.

Peter

1 Like

Her drawings are amazing I have a couple of other pieces of her work and the detail and accuracy is absolutely incredible in all three pieces, especially the drawing she did of Heath Ledger’s Joker. Again the reflection in the glass doesn’t do the drawing justice.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/yana.wolanski.artworks/photos/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

They look like the shots from “The Session” by Gavin Evans.

I was trying to purchase one of those prints from a European site but unfortunately they no longer deliver to Ireland. I have managed to order some other Bowie prints and hope to have those soon.

Thanks for posting.

Peter

Not sure of the origin,my brother in law was in Iceland a few years ago and there happened to be a Bowie exhibition on at a gallery,he’s into photography and took this picture of a series of photos,and had them framed for my birthday,I’m really pleased with the result.

1 Like

So after a good trawl and a bit of faffing about with Irish Customs I finally managed to get a few nice Bowie pics and have them framed. They are proudly hanging on the wall above the hifi.

The Blackstar one on top is by a lovely young English artist called Helen Green who was wonderful in organising a signed print and getting it too me in spite of Brexit.

The second one is a photo by a well known Irish photographer of Bowie at Slane Castle, Ireland in 1987 and is particularly close to my heart as I was there with my late wife and is the only time I saw him live - she was great, he was terrible on the day but I forgive him!

The third is a print of a painting by a Dutch artist - looks like Bowie around 2000 ish.

Peter

2 Likes

Try hypergallery Henley who have lots of interesting stuff inc Mr Bowie

1 Like

A negative print of Aladdin Sane session by Duffy.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.