Show us your camera

Can you post 3 images you claim to have won awards and/or exhibited? And where were they exhibited?

I knew you’d have a black and white camera. :grin:

2 Likes

I also have a LOMO but it’s a cryllic alphabet version.

G

1 Like

…I had a D200 - great bit of kit with a couple of ‘gold ring’ Nikon lenses.

Made me realise my kit was better than I was a photographer…

1 Like

My most expensive cameras + all associated gears are in storage for around 8+ years once my iPhone’s 10 camera become acceptable, I’ll post some pictures of them once I get hold of them.

Used to be an avid photographer and binocular user when I was young and travelled a lot.

1 Like

Another Olympus.

10 Likes

I love my iPhone 12 Pro for photos. So handy and great quality! They’re amazing at capturing low light shots!

When I retire from the photo / illustration day job, I’ll be selling everything apart from the M and 2-3 lenses. The reason I still gravitate towards them is about the process required to capture an image. It just feels more involved rather than being a passenger witnessing a computer capturing it…. If you see what I mean.

1 Like

Canon R3 and some old bits.

I’ll see if I can be bothered to photograph the others sometime this weekend.

4 Likes

My one and only camera at the moment. Had the 700 before that. Great camera.

4 Likes

Went to micro 4/3rd last year from an EOS5 mk iv. Much lighter and more usable and downsized from 6 lenses to 2, covering the same focal length.

3 Likes

My first SLR, a Zeiss/Voitgländer Icarex “Pro”, which meant black, with the Tessar 2.8/50. I was 18 then…

Icarex 35CS Tessar 2.8:50

And my second, the Icarex 35S, with the Ultron 1.8/50… I kept those for years, before acquiring a Nikon FE, then FE2, then FA. I sold those recently.

Icarex 35S Ultron 1.8:50

I had the classic 35mm (Skoparex), and the 135mm (Dynarex), both bayonet-mount.

5 Likes

Nikon FM circa 1976. My first SLR, loved it, still have 1000s of slides, and a working projector. Camera long gone , sold to a dealer £150 2015ish…about same as I paid in 1976. Also had an EM, a compact Olympus , a compact Rollei, a Minolta Bridge camera. All gone…most pics now on an iphone.

7 Likes

My current main camera:

Canon R full frame mirrorless digital, full spectrum modified (IR through UV), used solely with EF mount lenses using Canon’s RF-EF adapter, effectively permanently mounted on it. I was an early adopter of the R, because it was pretty much the ideal camera for me having long yearned for a full frame digital SLR, and when this one came out I found it also met my other criteria of being small, lightweight and quiet (+can be silent)! The drop-in filter holder in the lens adapter pretty well cements the perfection, allowing each filter to work with any lens, from widest angle to longest telephoto, great for my several infrared filters plus a normal spectrum filter and a normal spectrum polariser. A major bonus with a polariser is fingertip rotation without taking hand from camera body, even with a deep lens hood on a long lens.

I currently also have two other cameras, both Olympus:

The red one is a TG-4, fully waterproof, which I use primarily for underwater photography (in an additional housing for belt and braces protection, learnt from a previous underwater camera that failed!) The other, a TG-860, is also fully waterproof but normally used as my take-anywhere holiday camera, and has a flip up rear screen that can be viewed from in front. This one was a free gift from Olympus due to a fault with the original TG-4 I bought!

3 Likes

Why the apparently skeptical “you claim” rather than just a request to share?

7 Likes

The mighty Nikon F2 - the best SLR camera ever made, bar none!

I was lucky enough, earlier in the year, to buy two unused (‘new old stock’) F2s from a dealer in Japan, which I stumbled upon quite by chance on an internet site, maybe eBay or Amazon. @Ian2001 took a photo of them when he visited me earlier this week, so a photo may appear soon, I hope.

1 Like

Just ignore him.

He can’t help himself.

3 Likes

It is my intention to show them today, they are lovely

Thanks, Ian.

1 Like

Believe it or not, I picked up that one from a charity shop on a trip to Falmouth £200!! Absolutely mint

1 Like

Another old Olympus. Here’s my OM2n, bought in 1980 and still going strong.

5 Likes