Show us your camera

We’ve had watches, pets and sunrises, now it’s time for cameras.

Old, new. Good, bad. Beautiful, ugly. Rare, common. Expensive, cheap. All welcome.

I’ll start with a Canon A1.

18 Likes

And, an Olympus OM2.

13 Likes

My first ‘good’ camera, a Contax 139. Lovely…!!

C139

Later I got a 137MA -

A my final Contax… A 167MT -

C167

12 Likes

Then on to digital…

Nikon D100 -

D200 -

D700 -

My D700 sadly ‘died’ and was beyond economic repair…

So…

D7000 - ‘Good Enough’ -

7 Likes

Snap. :grin:

Another 139 but, but a well used example.

I did have the Ziess lens, but sold it.

8 Likes

Ah yes… Mine started to go like that… So I traded it & my 137, for the 167, at Jessops… :astonished:

All my film gear was sold, when I went digital, including several Zeiss lenses.

2 Likes

GR IIIX, most current camera purchase. Last of the many cameras I’ve had in my life. Use my phone mostly now but I can’t bring myself to get rid of the Ricoh.

10 Likes

I have a brace of Canon 5D MKii’s and several camera bags full of pro glass, filters, and intervalometers. I have carbon fibre tripods, monopods, geared heads, pan and tilt heads, and ball heads.

Guess what? I haven’t used any of it since 2016.
Why not? This!!!

The iPhone (there are other phone cameras). In reality, it does almost everything I could want from a camera. Including winning awards and being shown in exhibitions.

14 Likes

Had one, D700 and loved it.

1 Like

My Fujifilm X100F in brown leather with Annie Barton strap

14 Likes

Until it died. Cost to repair was quoted at c. £400… About what the camera was worth. So I sold it as For Parts/Not Working on eBay instead. Got £225 - which almost bought me my D7000…

I have a Sony A9 but I only use it for work now when I need AF but my preferred camera, that I use for work and pleasure, is the Leica M11.

Below is a pic of it with the 35mm Summilux taken with my other favourite and most used camera. The iPhone 12 Pro.

18 Likes

My rather lovely Nikon F2
In regular use!!

15 Likes

Nothing wrong with the camera just my legs can’t get me to where I want to be.
I will probably sell up and look at pocket sized or I phone pro max.

Sad.

9 Likes

Lovely cameras. I had one for a while with a 12-100 lens. Pleasure to use!

G

12 Likes

Yep, the iPhone gives us the best cameras out there. The traditional cameras as we know become objects for collection, just as everything else that becomes obsolete due to progress in technology.

Blimey, I’m going to need my own thread.

I’d say they are the most convenient with nice image quality. My M is in use all the time and I don’t see that changing. But, I can easily see why someone would prefer to use the iPhone Pro only. They are very good!

1 Like

All my cameras are long gone now but these were a couple of my favorites…

Nikon FM3A

Lomo LC-A

I’ve currently got an iPhone 7 :sweat_smile:

4 Likes