Show us your clocks

I don’t live anywhere near London, but it really is on its own for finding something different. I arrived in London, first tube station I got off was Covent Garden, walked 200m before seeing a collection of nos 60s early 70s clocks in their original boxes. I’m always looking for this sort of stuff, but never seen these before. Plastic was making it big at that time and it was used for design rather than budget. Left is Royal 3 and right Royal 5. This is the name an early Samsung used on these products. Beautifully made and mechanical movement. They have a lovely clear delicate ticking. The one on the right’s glass was fogged on the inside, but I thought it can’t be that difficult to remove. I was wrong. My desk was like an operating table and 4 hours of extremely careful work, it gleams again.

All I’ve done to the exterior is use Renaissance wax to protect the chrome and plastic from the atmosphere.

Why can’t companies make plastic look good these days?

24 Likes

Gorgeous.

1 Like

“I must deplore you that your time will be over by sunrise”

3 Likes

A Bramwell Brown handmade weather clock.

G

12 Likes

Less is more.

9 Likes

11 Likes

1 Like

I like this one. But I don’t know manufacturer or origin.

4 Likes

Longcase and lantern

11 Likes

Philip Antrobus?

Our StoneSplitter clock

5 Likes

Bought it from Asda for 20 quid ‘cause I liked the retro look. Been meaning to change the battery for the last 3 years. Thanks for the reminder.:sunglasses:

1 Like

My broken-arch bracket clock

5 Likes

Any quartz clock, it’s one of the few things I only use Energiser or Panasonic lithium batteries. Fit and forget.

It takes a single AAA. Lasts about a year.

Yes most of these clocks do. AAA & AA lithium are available everywhere and that’s what I use.

Rocks not clocks…we collect all sorts of minerals and fossils.

3 Likes

then you need a clock made from rock!

1 Like

Not a grandfather clock but my grandfather’s clock.

Left to me when he died in 1970.

1 Like

We inherited this from my wife’s aunt.

6 Likes