Show Us Your Disc Player!

such a cracking looking player imo

1 Like

Another swing mech CDX 2.2 here.

14 Likes

Unfortunately a Naim CD is not really a sensible option any more and the NDS DAC is excellent so the Audiolab seems a good compromise. If I can get a home dem the I might go for it. Definitely not one to buy blind :blush:

1 Like

Indeed. The CD Transport makes sense. I guess I am full of nostalgia for the Naim CD players.

3 Likes

My much loved CD5 XS. I am in the very fortunate position that i have an unused original Phillips Vam 1202 that the original owner passed to me when i bought it. Not needed to use it yet, but i know will have to one day.

14 Likes

So what I compared it to was my NAS stored files, which all play through the NDX2 anyway. I have to say, I can’t tell the difference and I’ve found myself grinning when playing cds! What more can I say… :sunglasses:

5 Likes

5 Likes

I really love the design of the Rega cd players

2 Likes

Already shown - TEAC VRDS-9, professionally re-painted. And no, it’s not Ferrari red…

7 Likes

Latest and greatest iteration of the 5 series players

14 Likes

There is nothing quite like the original especially serviced and complete with a spare mech.

FF

29 Likes

My favourite……i could barely afford it. There is a lot of clamour on the forum for a new Naim cd player……based on the new series it would not have the special sound you have imo.

That is just plain gorgeous

I am in a similar position. 3 months ago I was ready to sell but the CDS2 has picked up some sort of fault. Not the usual mech issue. So I’m in limbo and not sure how to proceed.

Ultimately I will probably go for a Core. The flexibility and convenience appeal. But getting a transport is an interesting idea.

A boring option I know but it sounds great and it works reliably

10 Likes

Although I’m considering a modern transport, I have also considered the Core. However, I am not confident about the longevity and support of the mechanism within it. Isn’t the core in the same place as Naims other CD components? Or is there. Plentiful supply?

1 Like

Not Rosso Corsa 322, Rosso Mugello perhaps or Porsche Carminio Red

I don’t know but I thought it was a more modern CD rom unit (TEAC?). Although the longevity of the drive is sort of irrelevant. I only need it to work for a 1,000 CDs or so. After that they are on the hard drive.

Removing 1,000 CDs from the listening space is also attractive.

2 Likes

I asked some questions on another thread about comparing the core to a NAS… This was the most succinct reply… Mac & Nas v Uniti Core - #16 by HungryHalibut

1 Like

The flip side of that reply is that, if you do want to rip 1,000s of CDs then, a Core may be a good solution.

1 Like