Show us your guitars!

Lovely collection, John :+1:

1 Like

Oh yes I am a big fan of Roy Buchanan and love the economy of the tele - maybe i’ll dust it down and plug it in.

5 Likes

Gibson Les Paul Memphis.

My favourite guitar, a limited edition of the hollow body version, but without the usual f-holes, so it still looks like a Les Paul.

Plays great, looks stunning, weighs next to nothing, and has somewhat taken over from the CR9 in my avatar.

7 Likes

Dave, that’s beautiful, what a lovely finish :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers, Alan, I do feel that Gibson Memphis and in particular, their Custom Shop Division, take more care in the building of their guitars.

The back is equally stunning,

and here’s a link to Chappers’ thoughts, having just bought one for himself.

I just fell in love with it the minute I opened the case. :hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

Admit it, you’ve had the duster out :grinning:, yes the back certainly is stunning.I wouldn’t be able to handle it, there would be sweaty prints all over it.Cool video, beautiful tone, you’re a lucky boy.

1 Like

That is absolutely brilliant.

I have to admit I have 13 guitars I think. Just bought a Jimmy Page dragon Telecaster that I have no intention of playing. Just wanted it but I have far better Telecasters.

They look absolutely gorgeous.

1 Like

Thread drift…
Anyone played the little short scale Martin LX1 ?

Yes, made contemporary by Ed Sheeran, but a local player makes this sound amazing miked up. Real timbre snap and volume.

1 Like

Never played this guitar. I have however played the Taylor GS mini and baby Taylor which are pretty nice. My favourite is the Taylor Big Baby sounds like a much bigger guitar. All worth a try if you’re in the market for a new small guitar!

Yes have played a few, not really impressed at the price, better off with the Taylor GS Mini

2 Likes

I owned the Martin about 11 years ago; it was OK - I find the GS Mini (which I have now) to be the best of the small guitar offerings - I also like it significantly more than my friend’s Big Bay Taylor.

I also have a T5, and it is a fun and versatile guitar, but I can understand why Clive felt the need to still have another guitar. It is versatile, but definitely not a “one size fits all” piece.

6 Likes

Wow! Looks like a Fender museum - what’s up with the project guitars there?

I became a husband and dad late in life. I ran out of time for my projects! but I can’t quite give up on the projects- a 1959 jazzmaster, a koa and Brazilian RW Strat, a rosewood telecaster and a 1966 Coronado.

I’m sure it’s an illness…

Strat%20Deluxe%20in%20UK%203%20colour%20sunburst

10 Likes

Oh of course it’s an illness; you have a clear case of G.A.S. - “Guitar Acquisition Syndrome”.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be so bad if I could actually properly play…

3 Likes

Preaching to the choir there, Mr. Blythe…

1 Like