Show us your headphones

New A&K Kann Cube for lockdown working from home (whilst wife works) and late night listening.

5 Likes

I bought these about 2 months before they announced the end of production. Oppo MP2, good headphones.

4 Likes

How do they compare to any other high end headphones you may have heard?

Took delivery of my ZMF Verite about a week ago.

Am powering them with the Feliks Audio Euforia. Very happy with them so far but being fairly new to headphone listening it takes some getting used to. Having said that I am enjoying getting used to them:)

12 Likes

Very nice. Touch of the Audeze about them. Especially the case and, er…earstems.

Planars?

Is it me, or are there a few newish headphone makers popping up? And most appear to be doing just planers? Either From the US or China/HK. And all aimed at the very top end of the market.

They are Beryllium coated PEN drivers (not really sure what PEN is to be honest). Very fast and accurate. Neutral as well I would say which lends itself well to a Naimer.

I am just struck by the sheer choice and variety via this thread. I am not sure that any model appears more than a handful of times in two hundred odd posts.

Bruce

Hi @Speedtrip

I’ve got an opportunity to buy a pre-owned HDVD800 for my HD800S. Does this light which is coming from the top of the chassis bothers much, is it visible from the seating position ?

Kacper

Fine head amp, but wrong colour, mate… :rofl:

yes, unfortunately available in silver color only. :laughing:

My RME ADI 2 DAC FS Head Amp turned up today. Loving it. It may well be my favourite system. Even fed by my humble Bluesound Node 2 and it sounds sublime.

1 Like

Nice!
Piccies?

Uniti 1 (ND5 XS2 ordered), Violectric V281 (awesome!) and Sennheiser HD 700’s (Meze Empyrean’s also ordered)

All sounding very fine. Didn’t want to take the headphones off for the photo.

9 Likes

Please let us know how you get on with the 281 and Empyreans, that’s a combo I’m also very interested in …

I guess it depends on the height and position of where you place the amp. At most you might be aware of a soft blue glow but not what I would call distracting in any way unless you’re listening in total darkness in which case you may as well close your eyes. Either way, it’s never bothered me.

I was wondering if the amp can be located near to the tv.

Thanks
Kacper

Sure, I don’t see why not…

Shure SE535 on order. £345 direct from them and includes the normal jack and Bluetooth cables. Will post on here a comparison to the Etymotics I’ve been used to for the last 10 years.

2 Likes

[quote]
Does anybody here have experience with Violectric, especially with Sennheiser?
[\quote]

I’ve just acquired a V281 and it is making my HD 700’s sound mighty fine.

1 Like