Show us your headphones

I will start with these - Sonus Faber Pryma in coffee and cream. Perhaps not the ultimate high-end but I like them.

Also pictured are my son’s JBLs for children - he did not know we had bought them and he ‘discovered’ them on the headphone stand - he was so proud. They sound good for what they are and are limited to 85db.

8 Likes

Done about 160 hours of flying in these Sony WH-1000M3 headphones. Awesome noise control and not too bad in the fidelity too, coupled with RHA Bluetooth transmitter make a good team.

Then a pair of Oppo PM-3 for some better fidelity but also keep the family noise out.

And finally Oppo PM-2 open magna planar’s for some time when the family are all out.

8 Likes

@Richard.Dane might be persuadable to port the posts from the apparently defunct thread into this, if asked nicely…

Stax SRDX Pro feeding Lambda Pro earspeakers (sic).
Living alone in a detached house I haven’t used these for some years, but when I lived in a flat in London they helped keep me friendly with the neighbours.

23 Likes

So getting back on topic!

15 Likes

Aprilia RSV?

Sennheiser Momentum 2

9 Likes

My Audeze, open and closed.

AKG701’s gone AWOL…hiding somewhere (victim of domestic tidy up I suspect)

12 Likes

( i’m just a ) Jealous Guy …
Between the two, which do you prefer the most?

HD600s connected via balanced cable to the Ponoplayer.

20 Likes

@Richard.Dane HD6’xx are a classic. Sometines i think in doing an upgrade to my M2. But realize that barely use more than 1 time per month, so doesnt make sense…

Sennheiser HD700’s

9 Likes

Shure SE846 IEMs and Sony 1Z Walkman

Sony Z1R Headphones and Mytek Brooklyn DAC+

15 Likes

@anon29651526

You mean my Audeze? (Apologies if you meant another post!) Very tough call, I love them both. The XC are the most comfortable as I’m still breaking in new pads for the 3’s. Soundwise, I adore the openness the imaging in the LCD3, but the XC are no slouch at all for a closed phone. Bass is just nice, not oveblown or lean. I’m gloriously happy to have the choice. I tend to use the open phones more for classical and jazz (as I used to with the 701), but mostly it depends on whether my wife is watching TV :slight_smile:

1 Like

High end cans ? Or everyday ?

3 Likes

Yes, sorry for the badly use of the reply mode

Home

Out and about

A bit biased towards the pro market, I do also have a pair of Beyer DT100s but they are strictly reserved for actual pro use - not so much in recent years however!

5 Likes

Pioneer Monitor 10

Pioneer SE-305

7 Likes

High end cans ? Or everyday ?

…everyday except my wife’s tea, she is a loose leaf hi-end user. I’m just the bag man…

4 Likes

How old are these, may i ask?

Good to see some classic Pioneer headphones. My first proper headphones were Pioneer - a pair of SE-2s, which I must have bought sometime in 1981.

3 Likes