Show us your motorbike

Cheer man.
first year production was 2004 to 2008 K1200S 168BHP inline 4 not a boxer, then the K1300S replaced it.
Yes Air box replaced with a 1300 air intake box, cam chain guard inserted abs is all good etc
Thats what I meant by BMW use to beta test on their clients.
Was a one owner who had the agent do the servicing, have the book to prove it👍

Its a good looking bike, Im looking to buy a bike to leave at my parents so I can use it when I spend time back in the UK - will probably put this model on the shortlist

Ride it before you buy it and due diligence on its issues/recall as stated. im 195cm tall and the fairing is really designed for over 140 km an hour you get that bubble around you. Ive just invested in a C4 pro as my old bell is way to noisy. The bike is heavy and has a heap of grant, it’s a be careful toy and not for the newbie or anybody that thinks fast is better. The seat sucks and gives my ring gear hell on a long ride. In saying that i like the bike a heap, touring with like minded friends is unbeatable imo.

1 Like

@Rooster sorry it was a 2005. First year in the US for K1200S … I was thinking of my R1100RT, then 97 or 98 , can’t remember K1200RS… …I’m old I forget shirt :wink:

1 Like

Ha ha and you’re still alive, prefect! Yes 130 everywhere im hearing ya. Mate just hang on tight. While no longer a leader bike it still gets on ok.
Thinking about picking up an adventure bike when funds allow. Will keep the K.
I have a mate that calls adventure bikes farm bikes :joy:

And it was 172 BHP in the US, I believe.

1 Like

The seat sucks and gives my ring gear hell on a long ride.
:grin:

Hard to see but back right of that bottom pick, a mates is on his Husaberg, now he has a right to complain! Very nice bike even for touring other than the plank for a seat😁

What is a husaberg.
Never heard of that.
I had a similar seat issue with the old Suzuki katana 1100.
Mind you that bike got me done for speeding at 186mph in the mad old days

His one

Picked this up the other week, 2022 Ducati Pikes Peak. I have a 2012 version and amazing how much tech is on new bike. Only done 25 miles on it but a lot of fun. Options are scary expensive, about 40% cost of the actual bike (full race exhaust, dry clutch, carbon etc) Looking forward to the sun coming out so I can get out on it !

4 Likes

Lovely mate

1 Like

I have a mate with a brand new Ducati, looks similar to yours, but not sure it’s the same model. Has lane departure etc, cost him just over 45K NZD new. On the way to work this evening I saw him parked on the side of the road with red and blue flashing lights parked beside him. It would seem Ducati do not include a Valentine one radar detector with the package :persevere:.

2 Likes

Der Meistertourer,
Not much touring in last couple of years owing to covid shielding, last big tour was from Scottish Borders to southernmost tip of Peleponnese in 2019.
Roll on summer ‘23

4 Likes

Had a lovely ride with some of the boys and girls to Tekapo return to Christchurch NZlast weekend, 30 degrees Celsius. Marvellous!

4 Likes

Have they got egg on their face?:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Lol, Harley riders :blush:

5 Likes

Nice motor👍

IMHO the best GSA and best version of the boxer engine they have made. I’ve had mine for 11 years and is the only bike I have never wanted to change even though the salt is wreaking havoc (despite ACF50/FS365) and looks nowhere near as good as yours. One day it will be too big for me but for the moment it’s great. Sadly my annual mileage is falling for various reasons and it’s not getting as much use as I would like.