Show us your pets

So very sorry. It’s such a hard decision I know only too well, but all we can ever do is what’s best for our companions even though it breaks our hearts.

Thinking of you.

3 Likes

So sorry Nick. It’s such a tough decision to make but he will be curled up on a cloud over the rainbow bridge and at peace. You gave him a great Two and a half years and brought him so much comfort and joy.

3 Likes

Oh I am so very, very sorry. He was a lovely old boy

best wishes at this time

Ian

2 Likes

Sadly, Sprocket had to have his tail shortened. He had a problem with the tip of the tale - hairloss followed by the exposed skin cracking and ulcerating. I had been going on for some eighteen months with no improvement. It was obviously bothering him and we decided, with the vet, that partial amputation was in his best interests.

The irony is that this length was the original breed standard, as my previous miniature schnauzer had her tail shortened as a puppy by the breeder. I miss the full length tail though, as it was so waggy and expressive.

16 Likes

Very sorry to hear this Nick. It will be terribly quiet until another dog needing your love finds you.

Best

David

5 Likes

So sorry to hear that sad news Nick.

3 Likes

So sad to hear that news. You must be heartbroken. At least we know he had a good life with you. We lost our dog in August so we know how much it hurts. Stay strong. Best wishes.

4 Likes

Very sorry to read this, take care of yourself Nick.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear this Nick. What a wrench for you! Thank you for sharing him with us all here - He will be much missed.

5 Likes

Run free, Albert. Run free.

4 Likes

So sorry about your loss so so sad

2 Likes

So sorry Nick. It’s an awful feeling, but you know that you did the best thing for him, and the good memories take over soon enough.

3 Likes

Condolences, Nick
It’s a sorrowful duty, but euthanasia is gift of kindness from a true friend.

3 Likes

@Nick1940 sorry to read your news, we’ll miss seeing your posts. Its never an easy decision and one that’s always filled with doubt. Best wishes.

1 Like

Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts.
I will miss the prompting of his canine clock which was never more than a few minutes late. From rising to bed all events were accurately timed and lateness on my part greeted with much grumpiness.

At my age I don’t feel a new dog is a possibility but perhaps some short term fostering or neighbours’ dogs needing walks will suffice.

We shall see.

15 Likes

I am very sorry for your loss. We’d be devastated to lose our Ruby.

If you do consider another, greyhounds are lovely dogs for less active owners. They are the most docile, gentle breed and very easy care as they don’t need much exercise (ironically enough). All they do is lean against anyone for a nuzzle.

Regards, Ian

2 Likes

And there is sadly a surplus of them

1 Like

@Nick1940 , very sorry for your lost. Very sad indeed. Albert was such a lovely dog. Thank you for your enduring love of him. Take care.

Pedro, after a hard day in other people’s gardens

32 Likes

This is not our cat, but one of the local farm cats who has taken to visiting every day for a quiet kip.

He has a perfectly good home of his own, but prefers to deprive me of the sofa in the study

26 Likes