Show us your pets

The cat wasn’t very happy when we took her armchair to the tip.

So, we had to buy her a new chair. Colour coordinated of course.:smiley_cat:

27 Likes

“Manky bucket water? Not moi!”

Willy.

20 Likes

He’s so cute, I’d be careful you don’t lose him in all that snow. :grin:

1 Like

Fergus our 12 year old Glen Of Imaal terrier has just had a tumour removed from his leg, hence the cone, he has such a large head that he needs a cone suitable for a much bigger dog and being low to the ground he continually scrapes up the gravel form our drive and blunders into doorways.
We had a scare last night when it appeared that the stitches had come out, took him to the vet this morning and they’re all fine and the vet is very pleased with the appearance of the wound, the very best news is that the tumour was completely removed and the lab report is a big thumbs up! Stitches out next week, it’ll be good to get back to walking on the North Downs.

Chris

33 Likes

Mo: See the size of that squirrel ?

Meg: Yup Yup …

29 Likes

Jaime, “What’s this I hear about changes to the Highway Code?”

26 Likes

Rio
Afternoon routine.

32 Likes

Today I added to my French vocabulary the rather attractive word ‘ganglions’.

Unfortunately its meaning is a bit less attractive as it is ‘lymph nodes’ and I learned it from the vet, because Orson’s ‘ganglions’ are inflamed as a result of him getting reinfected in a wound he got from a wild boar he chose to have some kind of stand-off with.

I hope he learned a lesson, not least because a visit to the vet and a course of antibiotics is over €100…

(He will be fine, and seems hardly to notice)

12 Likes

Least he’ll be ok, he’s definitely worth €100 good luck.

2 Likes

Now that’s interesting because my wife many years ago consulted our GP with a small lump on the back of her hand.

The diagnosis was a small ganglion which apparently here in the UK is a non tumerous cyst.

The folk remedy is to clout it with the family Bible. It went of its own accord after a few months.

5 Likes

Indeed, someone else also told me this. May be a case of English taking a word from French, or vice versa, or both taking a word from third language, and its meaning altering in the process.
Unless - and perhaps as well - the visible lumps in humans are lymphatic related somehow. Alas, I have all the medical knowledge of a nutter on twitter talking about 5G, graphene and vaccines.
Maybe ‘ganglion’ in French simply means node, and that in itself simply means lump.

2 Likes

Google Translate says that lymph node translates as ganglion lymphatique, so I think that supports your theory.

You’re all wrong, ‘ganglion’ is a big cat that goes around in a group of other big cats

:lion:

12 Likes

And they are proud of it?

3 Likes

Rocco 1,5 months old

At the park 4 years old

37 Likes

Gorgeous pup and a beautiful dog.

1 Like

Thank you Pete.
Believe me, internally (his character) he is more beautiful.
He is very calm,friendly & the highlight is that he reacts like a nanny with my daughter, especially when she was a baby.

3 Likes

Zhukov keeping an eye on those bothersome sheep from the warmth and dryness of my office.

Willy.

23 Likes

I could not decide where to post this … we did get some snow yesterday but not this much.

14 Likes

Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 15.00.58
Those would be very weird paws, so I think it’s a man with a haversack , perhaps with a dog face image on it

1 Like