Show us your pets

The girl is good. She responds well with treats. The boy not so much. He’s too traumatized to want any treat. Usually wife clips the dog while I clip the girl and I will finish him when I am done with the girl. We chose to reverse it this time. Difference was significant. I even clipped the paw pad hair of the boy which we couldn’t do last couple of times. :relaxed:

1 Like

At the second attempt we managed to scrape enough cells from the inside of Zhukov’s cheek. Not exactly his favourite activity. Just had the results of the analysis back from the lab and have to say it’s not quite what we expected.

Do I now need to address him as Sir, rather than “get out from under my feet you stupid mongrel?”

Willy.

3 Likes

Yep, you got it!

Woof!

2 Likes

18 months old and with us now for just over 12 months, our Podenco mix rescue pup has grown into a beautiful young lady

36 Likes

She’s a stunner James.

4 Likes

And it’s a very nice photo of her too!

3 Likes

Thanks Igahman. She’s a lovely girl.

Thanks @davidhendon - good old iPhone.

3 Likes

We used an inflatable collar to prevent our Jack Russell from licking a cist (advised by the vet as not serious but too risky to be removed) on his leg.

2 Likes

A beauty!

1 Like

Thanks Richard, she is. I hope all your pups are doing well.

They’re all very well, thanks James.

1 Like

On one of our regular walks there is a large hole in the ground. Knowing what’s coming Zhukov runs ahead. As I round the corner he’s sitting on the other side of the hole, ball at his feet. When he spots me he bows down and nudges the ball into the hole with his nose. I’ve determined that it’s my duty to clamber into the hole and retrieve the ball.

My training is progressing well.

Willy.

27 Likes

You’ve reminded me that we have one somewhere, in the past we’ve placed it behind the “cone” as he could get beyond that with a bit of effort, although “Glen’s” aren’t renowned for effort of any kind!

Our Dexter is now 7 months old and here he is enjoying a weekend away in our Eriba caravan…

28 Likes

Morpheus

Six months gone but not forgotten :broken_heart:

34 Likes

Been a bit “meh” for the last couple of days. Our local vet thinks it may be coming off the antibiotics for his chest infection. Had a couple of shots, anti-nausea for the current issue, and his regular arthritis jab. Curiously, he perked up after those…….but at the end of the day, needed to snuggle under a warm blanket.

Off to see Supervet Annabelle on Friday for three month review.

22 Likes

Someone snuck upstairs as I was about to leave!

29 Likes

Today’s mood

G

32 Likes

Hope all is okay, how’s he doing?

4 Likes

Hi Debs,

He had a blood test; the results are “generally stable” apart from potassium level, so that test will be repeated next week.

He has lost half a kilo in weight since last autumn, which is a slight cause for concern - food intake has dropped off a tad but still around 1.5 pouches per day.

Behaviourally, he’s OK. Not much activity other than sleeping in the various sunny spots around the house, with the occasional walk around the garden, provided it is a warm outside!

(Conservatory spot. Sun from the right, warmth from the air-con from the left)

So overall, not too bad for one of his age.

20 Likes