Show us your pets

We adopted these two from a rescue charity two weeks ago. Auntie Margo, the brown tortie, is five years old, and her black and white niece, Pip (short for Pipsqueak as she’s so small) is two. They have become more confident since then, as trust is built up between us and they are allowed to explore more areas of the house, although not the garden yet. But it is obvious to us already that they are lovely little characters and very affectionate.

30 Likes

Margo is a beaut! Pip is “merely” a gorgeous cutie :joy_cat:

We do love torties (four of our five Burmese have been torties).

1 Like

New puppy coming in four weeks and picking one of these

27 Likes

A tangent this, our tom disappeared for a while over last weekend before coming back for some fuss and Dreamies and them promptly went off again! Came back another 24 hours later and has gone off the idea of going out for long walks again after we kept him in for a couple of days.

It’s not the first time of course and I’ve long considered getting a tracker in case he gets properly lost but they are very cumbersome, not cheap and don’t seem to be well rated at all.

I wondered then about one of these?

As I understand it, the thing itself has limited Bluetooth range as anything does but you can use the ‘Find My’ network to locate it if some way away.

Limited use if they do lose their collar but I wondered if anyone had tried attaching one to their own cat?

We picked our new girl Luna and collect her in four weeks.

27 Likes

By The Watering Hole

19 Likes

Lovely. What are they??

Left to right - 1) spaniel mix. 2) Spanish Podenco rescue. 3) Collie, whippet, Australian sheepdog mix.

Chocolate Labrador. I’ve had a black and yellow but always wanted a chocolate one and it’s time to get one.

1 Like

As I understand it, the AirTag will work if it comes in contact with a wireless network or another iPhone - won’t always be the case with a wandering cat unfortunately. Afaik Vodafone do a gsm tracker device called Curve which would be more useful and probably lighter than the normal pet trackers

My brother wants to add one to his puppy … no results as yet.

Ike and Zhukov inspecting the builders latest handiwork.

Willy.

19 Likes

Ike in camouflage mode :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today’s mood - Selfie

G

25 Likes

Jess and Niamh out with friends earlier today

21 Likes

The old lady retires to duck island most evenings now (half way up the stairs, I’m not an MP).

23 Likes

Zzzzz

27 Likes

Cats enjoying it!

14 Likes

Equinox walk down to the Dillay valley. His lordship refused to go down to Honeycombe so we crossed the road. It’s too early to walk to the Woolpack, but Badger could not resist a chew on the ransoms.

18 Likes

Doing her best seal impression.

G

22 Likes