Show us your pets

It does not befit the elderly to be jealous of anything but I would love to walk(stumble) down that track with any of my five been and gone hounds.
I can smell the wild garlic.
The picture sums up for me what dog ownership was all about.
Thanks.

7 Likes

Meet Scruffolina III!

Mrs McFaddon was putting the bins out one night last week at about 10pm when this little one ran up to her crying. Cars seem to drive up and down our road at quite a speed so we decided to bring her in for the night for safety. I’m glad we did as she was in a bit of state. Scruffolina had a nasty eye infection, was struggling to breathe, covered in dirt and was just fluff, skin and bones.

We managed to get her to eat a little but I honestly wasn’t sure she’d make through the night. Luckily she did and we rushed her off to see the vet the next morning.

The vet reckoned Scruffy was about 3-4 weeks old (although I think she’s older) and at 650g, agreed that she was very much underweight. The next few days consisted of several high calorie feeds a day, lots of nose wiping with a warm damp cloth and applying a rather unpleasant antibiotic eye gel.

The good news is that Scruffolina seems to have made a full recovery! The eye infection has cleared up completely, she’s breathing normally, has a very healthy appetite and is full of energy! Unfortunately, she wasn’t microchipped and we haven’t been successful in tracking down previous owners. Predictably, Mrs McFaddon is smitten with her so it looks like she’s here to stay.

Our next job is to introduce her to our 9 year old cat Molly. That should be interesting…

39 Likes

That’s very cute, you guys are obviously very kind. Hope it all works out and she realised how lucky she is.

1 Like

Oh dear……ROFL … :+1: :smile_cat:

Definitely a cutie!

2 Likes

Great sentiments - I don’t walk this way often as sturdy boots are required, but the hound loves it and it leads around to a nature reserve of which we are very fond.

As the well worn joke starts:

“Two old men in deckchairs…….:

“It’s nice out…….”

23 Likes

Disa - snoozing in the spring sunshine

26 Likes

Margo and Pip are settling in very well, as you can see!

25 Likes

Watching a bumblebee…

26 Likes

Spring :sun_with_face:

24 Likes

Ted, bored as usual!

26 Likes

Charlie and Maggie, jus chillin’.

25 Likes

Me and him!

27 Likes

Which one are you. :grin:

7 Likes

The good looking one!

3 Likes

Oh the one on the chair :crazy_face::+1:

1 Like

Well our last chicken passed away last week, so everything disinfected just in case (most probably died of old age). And these ladies were picked by my daughter, not many eggs likely, but hopefully a little friendlier than some of the others we have had. Should have mentioned the 2 fluffy ones are Silkies, the round one is a Pekin bantam and the one with a pom pom head is a Polish bantam.

26 Likes

Edda, looking towards the food cupboard…

19 Likes

Have you any Avian Flu in your area?
We have the ‘Animal Control Zone Area’ signs up around here.
I still manage to buy kerb-side eggs on my cycle rides, from outside the zone, and i think these free range eggs are temporarily classified as ‘barn eggs’.
Still taste the same tho’.

My duck is okay:

18 Likes

30 Likes