Show us your pets

Thanks - my first lot of hens were posh hybrids who lasted around 5 years, but having seen these ladies and others at the pickup point I’m so glad I’ve got these ‘browns’ and the opportunity to give them a better life.

6 Likes

Yes, I thought they looked as if they had been in not the most pleasant of conditions

1 Like

Looking forward to future pics.
They’ve landed on their….err……feet with you.

1 Like

We lost our sweet girl Frisco yesterday (April 1 ‘22). She was an 11 yr-old rescue Rottweiler. We had her for the last 3 1/2 years. She developed pancreatitis, and then chronic hepatitis. We were treating it all with meds and diet, but in the end it all proved too much for her. Thursday night she crashed and by the time we got to the vet on Friday bloodwork showed she had liver and kidney organ failure. We did the only kind thing we could for her, and released her from suffering. RIP Frisco. :cry:

40 Likes

@JosquinDesPrez I’m so sorry for your loss, take care.

2 Likes

Tilly having a nap, she’s made herself comfortable :slightly_smiling_face:

She likes cushions. :grin:

25 Likes

So sorry for your loss @JosquinDesPrez

2 Likes

What a gorgeous girl, I’m so sorry to hear this sad news.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this. Farewell Frisco.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear your news…….you gave her a great life🙏

1 Like

Very sad. Sorry for your loss and try and remember all you gave each other.

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear of this @JosquinDesPrez, I am sure your rescue gave her much security and happiness for 3 1/2 years.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that sad news. Take care.

2 Likes

Deeply sad to hear that news Josquin.

3 Likes

Thanks for the condolences everyone. We’re sad and trying to wrap our heads around her absense. The worst part is watching Brahms. He keeps searching for his best buddy and she’s not there. He seems confused and upset. Poor boy.

This is an older picture of Brahms, but that expresses his mood pretty well.

25 Likes

A beautiful dog. I’m very sorry for your loss. All the best.

3 Likes

Sad news - after so much pleasure but you gave her a good life.

3 Likes

So sorry - take care

2 Likes

@JosquinDesPrez so sorry for your lost. Thank you for giving her a good life, being her human. Please take care.

3 Likes

I have a new lady friend.
She pops in for breakfast of Sheba and Dreamies and then disappears.
Quite nervous but well cared for.
Perhaps I will take on an elderly cat. My mobility is not good enough for a dog.

21 Likes