Show us your pets

Lucky guy

1 Like

Skye on her walk this morning surveying all in front of her.

28 Likes

Catcat has started to settle in well. Spent the first couple of days hiding in the fireplace but now spending more time in the lounge with us. He’s still a little weary of our frenchie Spike but all in all seems to like his new home. So that’s now four cats two dogs one lizard and two canary’s :smile:

23 Likes

Princess Bao likes to lay on my lap and receive her nighttime cuddles before bedtime :relaxed:

17 Likes

Released from captivity………
Pixie is not impressed.

17 Likes

Impressive what she’s managed to do with that towel though…

4 Likes

It’s a Magic Towel Ride……….

As you can imagine with a 15 week old kitten, she is “all go” and then she crashes out.

20 Likes

Manchi listens to Anio Morricone

21 Likes

Flora, Monstera and Sonab speaker

18 Likes

How are they getting on ? Settling down?

Best wishes

Ian

5 Likes

Sun King Louis is now 10 months old

27 Likes

27 Likes

“I am 'aving a faaag…”

4 Likes

We should have named him Winston! (It’s actually the lamb shank bone from our Seder plate . . . )

Update: still no back feathers, breast feathers downy, rear ends not so red but still no feathers. Eggs are tasty, which shows that they have adapted to their new feeding regime - should be onto pellets next week.

They will be officially allowed out and about on Monday …

3 Likes

It’s shameful that we allow sentient creatures to be kept that way

2 Likes

Humans have a pretty poor record on animal welfare full stop, not surprising as a lot of people simply lack empathy.

4 Likes

From the ages of c. 13 to 18 I worked on a chicken farm. These were ‘deep litter’ hens; basically large sheds where the hens for free to roam on a deep bed of sawdust. The reason they were free to roam was the eggs were fertile, going to be hatched to layers. So there were cockerels free to roam in the sheds (to fertilize the hens) and they can be quite viscous!! Often you’d be collecting the eggs and suddenly a massive kick on your thigh/leg… they had their spurs clipped but, once they were a bit older, these would have grown back - heck that hurt! You’d turn round and this cockerel would be revving up for another kick. I know this comment isn’t going to go down well but you had to get in first and kick back and don’t run away - if you did then it would chase you!
It was very much a case of hen-eat-hen world in those sheds.

3 Likes

Thank you for recounting that, it made me smile

best wishes

1 Like

Our first rooster “Sid” was so named on account of his temperament. Whenever you were out and about in the garden you had to constantly check behind you for his impending attack. The run, the flapping for extra speed and then the leap, legs and spurs extended. Best defence was to get the boot in as he approached and he’d go off and sulk for a while.

Not sure the photo does justice to his bulk, approaching 10 lbs.

Willy.

PS Sid was raised from a fertilised egg purchased on ebay. As a chick he used to follow me around the house as if I were his mother.

14 Likes