Show us your pets

And has he been DRd?

6 Likes

Aww thank you.
Leo is a year old now and he’s a Pomeranian/Sheltie mix.

3 Likes

He looks almost unbearably lovely!

2 Likes

Got a light?

28 Likes

Waiting for the music night to begin…

28 Likes

It’s a hard life…………

4 Likes

I enjoyed that Dad any more

25 Likes

![

lola and lucy

21 Likes

Love goldens!

2 Likes

My bezzie Bailey this morning

22 Likes

“Come on, throw something.”

Willy.

28 Likes

New anti skating device for my Gyrodec/SME IV. I’ve been amazed at the impact on imaging and separation, quite a revelation. As is the fact that I haven’t been able to play much vinyl recently, to say nothing of cleaning the deck.

10 Likes

This years haylage is about 3 weeks later than normal; they working late into the night yesterday with the full moon providing illumination. This morning Badger was grateful for the shade, but he was glad to be chasing his ball again.

25 Likes

I love your dog, thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

The strange case of Mr Tuxedo Cat, the angriest cat in the village.

He lives a few houses away in the cul-de-sac, and visits here a few times a week. At first he appears happy to say hello, boldly walks up and gives my hand a quick sniff and allows me to pet him briefly on the head… Then, inexplicably he turns very angry with growls and hissing. It’s best to back away and not try to touch him because he has very sharp claws and can impulsively throw Freddy Krueger’s.

He has a collar, and my guess is he’s an adopted rescue cat, a bit mature in years and with ‘special needs’, perhaps suffering a form of feline PDSD.
My cats are bemused by his aggressive behaviour, and give him so space, he usually stays for half an hour, growling and hissing all the while, before sauntering off to bad mouth another neighbour i guess.
We will endeavour to welcome him whenever he visits, and offer him kindness, friendship and understanding, in the hope his anger issues improve.

22 Likes

Love it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He’s probably been seriously mistreated at some point and needs lots of love. With time I reckon he will come round.

4 Likes

Some ‘cod’ psychology here . Mrs Houdini came to me at three years old and with a lot of fear .

It took ages for her to accept me and warm to me.

Gradually she started climbing on my lap , and after a few glasses of wine and a warm cat on my lap , I would get drowsy and continue stroking her.

If my hand went anywhere near my face , it would get bitten .

It sounds as if your visitor wants to be friendly but after a while becomes unsure

These days Mrs Houdini gets her chin stroked and there is no hint of earlier " bad behaviour" - with rescue cats , you just never know what went on.

19 Likes

The posts above struck a chord with me. This is Betty, our tuxedo cat who came to us as a rescue cat 8 years ago. The vet estimated her age at the time as around 4 years old. She was very timid and had been left in a box outside a cat rescue centre. It has taken a long time for us to gain her trust and even now she can be a little wary. If she hears the voices of young children she beats a hasty retreat, so we wonder if she has been mistreated by young children. She hates being picked up and can be quite feisty, although she has improved substantially in this respect over the years. Betty is certainly not a cat who will sit on your lap.

A couple of years ago she had a serious illness, but thankfully the vets were able to successfully operate and save her life.

20 Likes

He’s had a tough day

21 Likes