Show us your pets

This was presented to me yesterday as a throw toy. Part of a (shredded) red ball that has become stuck to a pink granite pebble.

Actually throws quite well.

Willy.

4 Likes

Giving the girls access to the asparagus bed …

12 Likes

Mo and Meg have a close encounter with a third kind …

The fawn actually tapped on the window to attract their attention …

32 Likes

Would the cats attack the fawn?

I really can’t answer that Pete … they are incredibly curious but have shown no indication of having normal cat predatory tendencies … except when it comes to spiders, they are fair game.

I once spent a fascinating 15 minutes watching them follow a mouse around the floor of my room downstairs. Not once did they attempt to impede the mouse’s progress or harm it in any way … knowing the mouse must’ve been frightened witless I eventually picked it up and put it outside …

1 Like

Hasn’t she grown. Lovely dog

20 Likes

Adding to what @JohnWillmott said, as a lifetime cat lover with three here at the moment, I think that cats certainly wouldn’t see a fawn as prey and they wouldn’t want to play with it unless they were used to doing so (like some cats are used to doing with dogs). They might well be curious. Our smallest cat follows foxes around our garden and chases them off if she thinks they are too cheeky, but doesn’t want to actually engage with them.

1 Like

We had a mouse living under the cooker for a few days a few years ago and my wife described watching our cats all lined up watching the mouse eating their cat food from their feeding bowl, making no attempt to interfere (much to my irritation, as I had to move the cooker in the end, so as to remove it and release it in the garden).

2 Likes

Sheamus spent his first 10 years in the leafy suburbs of the north shore of Sydney and now lives on a farm in the Barrington Valley.

23 Likes

Does this mean…?

No not ours, friends who have just moved into the valley. But we’ve always liked Westies and have decided that we’ll get a Blue Cattle dog and a Westie pup once we’ve moved into our new place. Mrs Pete has never wanted 2 dogs but this little guy won her over.

11 Likes

Great news Pete

3 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Oh dear I can’t have dogs where I live ( my friends do ) but I’m about to weep
I must say :weary:

1 Like

My nieces dog- called Kingston- I reckon should be Yoda….

15 Likes

I suspect that there and many better ways to hold this toy.

Willy.

25 Likes

I’m sure it makes sense to him.

1 Like

Rico says " It’s tough, but someone has got to do it"

18 Likes

Coralee: elegance and sophistication, surveying her domain from atop a Meridian M2

Pixie: elegance and sophistication … hmmm, perhaps not!

And bonus “grand-kitties” (courtesy of daughter#2): Artemis & Nyx

18 Likes

This evenings sleeping spot

19 Likes