Show us your pets

Our ol’ moggy became a lap cat when she retired from hunting. Strange thing was she would sit on all other laps except mine. I was a shoulder rest, only the right side, looking back over my shoulder, her head next to my ear & with paws & claws at the ready the purring & clawing would start. Nice, yes but the nice part had a time limit.

They both look gorgeous. I’m so pleased they found a great home with you.

3 Likes

This is Mog and as I’ve discovered she’s quite adept at taking selfies! I just left my phone down for a minute, naturally she denied it.

28 Likes

it looks as a squirrel :scream_cat:( the first pic)

The hens rule the garden: Mrs Brown (now deceased), Rocky, Specky and Lydia. They also boss Badger, who lets them walk all over him. His only escape is to the farmer’s market every Saturday where he is spoilt rotten. He came from a dairy farm so is rather keen on cheese, and cake (photo taken in his favourite cafe waiting for more cake …).

31 Likes

Not a squirrel! Quite a bit larger than that…

19 Likes

Molly the cat!

25 Likes

18 is a grand age for a dog. Nice to hear that he enjoyed his final years. Toby would have grieved for your dad.

1 Like

Yes, he did. He really made a connection with my missus and showed some distress when she wasn’t there. I wasn’t a good substitute as he used to nip my heels when I went round to my dad’s :blush:I

With a bit of work though he got to like me and would walk off the lead slimmer side me. This gave me a nice feeling :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Tilly, a sad story that tells us more about people than our pets. It’s obvious some people don’t deserve to share their homes with a pet they lack any kind of empathy, a pity as most would probably benefit from the relationship. Fortunately the story had a happy ending. I don’t know your sister but I’m almost certain I’d not speak to her either. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Jerry & Margot

Special, ‘cos they’re our cats of course. Jerry is a late bloomer and now at 2 1/2 is turning very Tom. Margot would have the largest collection of frogs in the world, if we’d let her keep them.

30 Likes

Richard thanks for trying to keep a lid on the negativity, I don’t know why some people feel they need to respond to everything. There’s plenty of threads that are divisive here already, why can’t they just swipe through and move on. By the way, that looks like a very loved motley crew.

8 Likes

So - we have Gwen the sheepdog who is afraid of sheep (but good with cows), ginger tom is the much loved Archie who is son of Tiff who you can see with her litter (not in that order!).

We also have some hens, another cat (black so photography near-impossible), some sheep and a small syndicate of beef cattle

18 Likes

That’s ok we have a blue cattle dog that won’t go out in the rain :grin:

1 Like

Richard it’s wonderful that you have recused these dogs. Rescued pets seem to appreciate you more. Our first Blue (Jackson) was also terrified of most people, it took my wife 3 weeks to coax him from under our stairs after bringing him home. He’d been very badly treated. Mrs Pete and he became inseparable, he lived a very happy and safe till the ripe old age of 17.

2 Likes

Baby Koby, the week he arrived.

29 Likes

its so nice to see and read the stories of pets…

i done have any - maybe i am afraid…

will be looking to this thread for more pics and stories

Thank you

1 Like

Merckx.

34 Likes

Anakin

18 Likes

Fuego

24 Likes