Show us your pets

Zivah

20 Likes

This won’t end well.
Minnie (dog) Tui (cat)

21 Likes

Winky,

Does he ride a bike?

Just kidding. Pigs were once a common pet, apparently and are very clever.

16 Likes

Another Schnauzer lover here. Hello! :slight_smile:

Here is my cat Moser. I used to race pushbikes as a kid and Moser was a bit of a star back then, and thats where the name came from. I live in the country and am surrounded by farms and he came from a local one. He thinks he is a dog and has a very un-cat-like nature. One of my hobbies is mucking around with cars and he always comes to help, but being white he does get dirty quite a lot. I am restoring an old defender at the moment and many times he has rubbed himself up against a dirty, oily axle … Like all cats he loves attention, but only when it suits him !

26 Likes

nice abarth, tourismo?

Competizione.

1 Like

Post post note… for whatever reason I can’t scale the photos appropriately. Clicking on them opens them full screen (if you’re interested…)

And a pet from the past…

My daughter had split up with her boyfriend, moved home from university and had done the only logical thing… bought a pet.

Google Photos

Harvey spent the next 7 or so years free ranging around the ground floor. Fortunately he kept out of my office (mostly). He had a taste for the finer things in life including mains cables (which I had to protect one way or another) and chocolate…

I hadn’t realised how intelligent rabbits were, he could work out how to get where he wanted to(generally where the food was) by hopping from one platform to another. He would also ring a bell when he wanted a treat and would stand to order (again when bribed).

He was also a very angry rabbit (I think most can be, the boys anyway) and would punish me if I ever did something he didn’t like (such as grooming him). On more than one ocassion after I’d finished he would move to escape and then stop, turn around bite me as punishment and then escape- he chose to inflict the punishment rather than escape.

He was very social and always wanted to be where the people were, he was a clean rabbit being well trained to use a dirt box (like a cat I guess) and frankly apart from needing to be the alpha male and having to chew anything made out of wood was a delight to have around.

When we got our Frenchie he was a far bit larger than her. She was respectful but before too long was seeing him as a friend or maybe even a substitute mother.

Google Photos

We were having dinner one evening and he was in his usual place (under the radiator), when we’d finished we went through to another room and he didn’t follow (unusually). I went back for him and he clearly wasn’t well, we did what we could to make him comfortable but he was gone in about an hour, I’m grateful it was fast and I think relatively painless.

I can’t go to a pet shop these days without looking at the rabbits.

12 Likes

anybody with boxer dogs ? i had two in the past. My favorite, with french bulldogs.

17 Likes

Pnut on left, Buddy on right. Buddy always wins at tug of war.

18 Likes

Flicker (racing name Fearsome Flicker) retired and rescued from the cruel sport. She is a lovely dog who sleeps for a living now.

Google her and you will see that she was given cocaine by her trainer :rage:

29 Likes

18 Likes

:angry::angry::angry:
These ‘people’ should be put down. I volunteer to help.

5 Likes

There’s no way you could tell!!!

1 Like

I wouldn’t wish for this forum to be place to advocate violence, so please let’s not talk of putting anyone “down”.

However, when it comes to animal cruelty, I’m thinking there should be a special place in hell for those who decide the best way to dispose of their unwanted dog is to open the door or window of a car while driving along the motorway and then throw the dog into the traffic. A quick google search shows that it happens more often than you would believe. So brutally callous and cruel, not just for the dogs themselves but also for anybody following behind them who has no chance to avoid the dog in the road.

I was involved in just such an incident many years ago on the M8. I didn’t hit the dog, that was a car some cars ahead of me. The car stopped in the overtaking lane and I was in the middle of the carnage that ensued as cars and lorries plowed into the stopped cars in foggy conditions. I managed to stop OK, but then a car plowed into me from behind which then pushed me into the car in front.

9 Likes

Dear me! I daren’t Google anything like Richard. I find it hard enough to read the Brooke [1] monthly newsletter.

Please edit (or delete) my post as appropriate.

[1] Brooke is a charity for working donkeys to which I contribute

2 Likes

My Mae-Li
I’ll just say:
“I’m not shackled by forgotten words and bonds, and the ink stains that are dried up on some line” .
And when I say “I’m gonna treat myself to that new pre-amp” she don’t say “NO!” :rofl::joy:

21 Likes

D is for duck, and taking a dip. Disa

E is for ears, and eyes of emeralds. Edda

F is for fruit trees, and fear of heights! Frieda

M is for Magnum munched by a moggy, and Morpheus

<>

Good to see so many black cats accounted & being cared for, apparently they are the most unpopular cat colour to adopt from rescue centres.

My 3 black cats (sisters) were living feral on a farm for their first 3 months of age, then placed into a rescue centre complete with 2 brothers and mother. The two brother kittens were soon successfully adopted, the mother cat also had a good home to go to, the three sisters came home with me.
At six months old they were very shy and timid, however, slowly but surely they became happy, friendly and confident.

Morphy the ginger tom was also feral, he used to come around caterwauling at stupid o clock in the morning, scrounging food, and picking fights with local domesticated tom cats. A couple of years ago when he was about 3 years old i caught him and took him into the local vets for some bodily adjustments and biochemical hormonal changes (having his nuts cut off).
He slept off the anaesthetic locked in the cloakroom, the next day i fed him a big bowl of food, and let him go free. He disappeared for a few weeks and then one dark night at 01:00 in the morning he suddenly appeared at my back door with a couple of suitcases, and moved in with us, who were we to argue (?) he has been well accepted by the 3 sisters as; the Fourth Mouseketeer

25 Likes

Lenny, in his wife beater, drinking on a Friday night:

He has two brothers from the same litter, Squiggy and Carmine (any old people get the reference?)

We also have a female black cat we call LG, short for Little Girl. I just call her Peanut most of the time.

The latest addition is my wife’s mom’s cat, Beau, a large black cat who is very sweet and gentle, but very geriatric and borderline incontinent.

My wife is very active with a local humane society that rescues feral cats and runs adoption days at local department and pet stores. Sometimes we end up with one. Or five. It’s a full house :roll_eyes:

26 Likes