Show us your pets

Obviously, kitty has a taste for the finer things in life.

1 Like

Joey Tux, the angriest cat in the village, called in today to inspect how my decorating is going, however he growled and hissed at my choice of wallpaper, and said it wasn’t worth the effort of him clawing, although this did reassure me a bit.

I gave him some cat biscuits but he growled his dissatisfaction of the flavour, and was livid they weren’t on a dish, but he still eat them.

21 Likes

Pluto & Pierre nodding off after a long day

32 Likes

What a lovely picture.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

A few years ago I had to give a daily capsule for two weeks to a youngish female cat that had not yet learned about such things. The first day was terrible and I had hands and wrists just like yours. These were very expensive off-licence pills and we were not supposed to get them on our skin, let alone into any cuts!

After some googling I developed a method that worked well and I have used with other cats since. You crouch down with your bum near the floor and knees up and open, so there is a kind of tunnel going nowhere. If you could have your knees down and sit on your heels. Then you feed the cat in backwards, standing up. You can adjust your posture to keep the tunnel to nowhere quite restrictive. The cat will back into the tunnel as your hand approaches. Then you use your left hand to lift the cat’s head gently upwards and backwards, making calming I love you beautiful cat noises all the time. The mouth will inevitably drop open and the other hand can pop the pill in. Then you release the left hand and the mouth immediately closes. A bit of massaging, and the pill is swallowed. It takes almost no time and then you release the cat. I often have a bowl with a favoured tasty morsel in to encourage the cat to get on with its life immediately. After a few days, the cat learns that resistance is futile and anyway it doesn’t take long and is followed by a choice snack.

I expect a variation on this could work for eye drops too. The key point is that the claws are all busy holding the cat off the floor, so can’t scratch you!

1 Like

That method certainly worked in Zebedee’s case. Sue would do the squatting & holding…with a towel across the front in case he spat out his chemo pills…and I would do the “pill popping”. After 14 years of this sort of “cat abuse” (his words) he got used to it - mostly. Other times it was more like this:

9 Likes

The cat in my avatar photo, Millie, had to have a pill every day for most of her life and for the last few years we would do this in my study, she would run after me, I would put the food on the floor, she would walk up to it, I would bend down to lift her head with one hand and pop the pill with the other. Five seconds tops!

2 Likes

Hettie (top) Edwina (bottom)

16 Likes

I take it that Millie was a very sensible MC…….and therefore “Not Burmese”. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Indeed she was!

This is Poppy. She’s a seven year old Yorkie rescue, all the way from Portugal. She’s settling in well after we collected her this morning from the fantastic Dogsnhomes team based in Fleet, who also rescued Dela and her siblings.

Plenty of cuddles over the next few days as she gets used to her new life with us.

30 Likes

She looks lovely👍

2 Likes

Looking after old Lenny for 3 or 4 hours.
He has a poorly ear which is why it looks even more scruffy than the rest of him.
We are just about to choose sandwich filling and then go for a walk in the sun along the promenade.

Nice to have a dog in the house.
The peripatetic cat (it’s sunny; I am here) has retreated upstairs.

19 Likes

She is Gary, such a happy little soul and she loves cuddles. She was just used for puppies and then discarded when she was no longer of use. Shameful.

Luckily she was rescued by a lovely lady who fostered her until she could make the trip. She’ll be loved and pampered with us :heart:

Both Girls on breakfast watch this morning. Dela then spent the rest of the morning in Poppy’s new bed :grinning:

23 Likes

Poppy looks lovely, I’m so pleased she has found a wonderful forever home after having being used/abused for years. Wishing you many happy years with them, is it the black hard floor or might she be needing her nails trimmed a wee bit?
*edit its possibly just the camera angle and seeing nails against a black background. Obviously no criticism meant whatsoever in my comment, just an observation that is probably wrong.

1 Like

Rescue is the best breed and she looks like a stunner. She has really landed on her paws in her new forever home. :heart:

5 Likes

Funny you mention that Steve, she’s fine on the kitchen tiled floor but elsewhere she’s a bit unsure so we have a few temporary runners down and she’s getting around fine with those.

She does need those nails trimmed though, so we’ll be getting that sorted next, along with a bit of a trim :+1:

1 Like

Thanks James I was very nervous about seeming to make a comment that could be construed as interfering. She is new to you from the foster carer so no slight intended at all. Happy days for you all, Poppy has made a fine landing. :+1:

1 Like

definitely “Rescue is the best breed”

4 Likes

Following on from the “if you’re going to snooze then you might as well ooze… “ post tonight’s ooze means i’ve got 3in (15cm for the metric members) for both legs guess who’s got the other 24in

PS the stretching cat in the background is not in any danger of singeing the fur it was made by Border Fine Arts

21 Likes