Show us your pets

According to the shrink it’s not uncommon and it’s to do with the pet being in your life daily- apparently. However it did cause me some concerns.

1 Like

Agreed, I lost my mom and my cat this year. Quite conflicting emotions. The big difference is cats can be (and in our case have been) replaced.

Sometimes I wish I could replace my mum…

2 Likes

You can get another dog/cat but it’s not a replacement. I’ve never owned a cat so I can’t comment on them but every dog I’ve had has a completely different personality

2 Likes

Cats have distinct personalities too!

Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

We have two brothers, same litter. Born same day of the same parents. Don’t look alike at all. Freyr is a big version of his mother, Torbjorn is the spitting image of his father.

From the day they entered the family they have been treated EXACTLY the same. House cats.

They are similar in some ways, but completely different in others.

Freyr is smaller, but braver. He loves wet food. He bosses our Boxer, runs the house. Will take a short brush if he wants to. Otherwise a cuddle monster, total lap cat to SWMBO. Sleeps on our bed. Spends his days on beds or sunning himself near patio doorways.

Torbjorn is a very big cat, but he’s far less ballsy. Tolerates the dog, but doesn’t control him. Loves biscuits, tuna meh. Begs to be brushed every morning, won’t come up on a lap. Occasionally comes onto a settee if he deems it appropriate. Might venture onto the bed if it is below -10C outside. Spends his days on cat towers.

They also have different tastes in music :laughing:

1 Like

I figured that but never owning one I did want judge. To me all pets have their own personality and I never replace a pet with another I get an another one.

2 Likes

So glad he is now OK. Beautiful cat and obviously much loved

1 Like

He is a handsome boy.

1 Like

Now you see me, now you don’t. Today Skye was mainly wearing camouflage.

20 Likes

About replacing dog / cat / pet, makes me think about this movie i saw on Netflix over the weekend called “dual” staring Karen Gillan. Totally predictable so not great but intriguing if such an option (replacement) does exist.

1 Like

A regular occurrence in my house…:rofl:

2 Likes

I quite regularly suffer from Canine Paralysis. It does make record flipping rather difficult.

1 Like

Got off to a bit of a slow start this morning. Alarm was set 8am and at 8:10 I was still in bed but with a cat on my chest and a dog on my legs.

Cat wanted fed. Dog wanted the cat to be not getting any more attention than him.

Willy.

27 Likes

Seems fair!

25 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

Princess Tofu likes to follow me around the house and keep me company:

Wishing everyone a lovely day/evening :relaxed:

23 Likes

Lyra settled down next to me on the sofa

19 Likes

Lucky is a bit aggressive today. Don‘t even try to come too close!

20 Likes

Luna is cross that I abandoned her for another afternoon in the cabin. No mistaking her feelings with this look…

21 Likes