Wow! “Danger Noodle” ALERT! :snake:

Squishy the gecko finally woke up

8 Likes

I imagine that Snakes “like” Geckos.

2 Likes

Nap time.

Willy.

19 Likes

Very sorry to read your news, Ian. It’s a tough time for you and yours. I and many others on here know and sympathise with what you are going through. Take care.

1 Like

Thank you for everybody who commented and said how sorry they were. I live on my own and really has been just her and me for ten years . Especially during the pandemic .

It came out of nowhere and was so savage and her reaction was unbearable to watch

My most likely plan is to be vetted by the Cats Protection League and pick an older cat from when I get back from holiday in October . I think it would be upsetting for him/her to find a new home and then be put away in a cattery for ten days

People say I spoiled her, but in reality she spoiled me .

My last photo of her

40 Likes

I had an accident which took me out of circulation for a while and I lived on my own while recovering. I took on a collie to help me exercise back to health, or rather he took me on. When he finally passed some 12 years later I was devastated. The bond formed is deep. My deepest sympathies.

9 Likes

Can definitely recommend cats protection.

We got Lyra from there (she was just 18 months at the time)

19 Likes

Just says it all…love.

4 Likes

She was a lovely cat Ian. I still remember standing behind you (as it were) when you got home after your Maltese covid horror and you described calling her from your hallway with initially no reaction and then gradually she realised that you had indeed come back to her. It was very affecting to read for a cat lover.

4 Likes

I think your plans for adopting after you come back from holiday is a good one. I am sure you will find the ideal older rescue cat and have many happy years being bossed around by them.

4 Likes

Go for it Ian; you have a sensible plan. Your new kitty can never replace Mrs. H.; instead she will be a new adventure.

Four of our nine were rehomes, including “the one in the pic on the left!” We loved them all.

2 Likes

An excellent plan, but do also consider a pair.
Cats can end up in the re-home pen in settled pairs and these kitty-couples can be a bit more difficult to find good homes.
A pair of cats can be double the fun! :smile_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

7 Likes

Daughter#2 and partner gave a home to a kitty-couple, Nyx & Artemis (as seen on this forum), from LICK (London Inner City Kitties).

“A right pair” :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: , and doted upon!

2 Likes

True.

1 Like

Just to say that I agree with this. They amuse each other and provide mutual support, which is great when you have to leave them for a few hours.

1 Like

I don’t think you can spoil a cat. Great plan re adoption but try not to pick all of them!

1 Like

Come to Kefalonia. It’s not short of cats.

12 Likes

Very sorry to hear of your loss. It’s always so very hard. But I applaud you in getting another (or two!). We brought our Cats Protection rescue with us when we moved to the US and lost him a few years ago, by which time we already had another three…We wouldn’t be without the cats (or dogs).

3 Likes

Some heartwarming pics in this year’s competition

https://www.comedypetphoto.com/gallery/finalists/2023_finalists.php#&gid=1&pid=20

5 Likes