Show us your pets

We have had to had our last 2 cats put down. We opted to have both done at more and to be with them. It was horrific, but, in the long run I am glad we were there for them at the end. It also gave us closure and a chance to say goodbye. No shame in doing the opposite though it is down to what you feel is the right thing to do

3 Likes

The joy and fun of life can very quickly become the hellish nightmare of ill health, suffering and pain, and not only for cats and dogs but us humans too. In such tragic circumstances of a stricken beloved pet cat, euthanasia becomes the liberator from the cruel drama of a slowly played out death.
The pain is represented by the separation of loved ones, and this is of course inevitable in the case of true and deep fondness, something only time and understanding can comfort.

6 Likes

I went to see her one last time , she was heavily sedated . I talked a load of gibberish to her but was told not to be upset in front of her.

I now have a glass of brandy in front of me and a tear in my eye

34 Likes

Sorry Ian, I know there’s no words that can make it better. Take care.

1 Like

Liking your post seems somewhat inappropriate, but anyway I did that to express my condolences and support for you at a very difficult time.

2 Likes

So sorry, but you did the very best throughout her life, brave man, brave feline friend……take care.

1 Like

Me too. So sorry Ian

1 Like

My heart goes out to you. Bereavement is so hard to bear.

1 Like

So sorry Ian, take care and enjoy the good memories

2 Likes

Sorry to hear your news.

1 Like

Sorry to hear, all the best!

1 Like

Sorry sounds so inadequate, but I send my very best wishes. Us pet lovers all know what you’re going through.

3 Likes

Very sorry to read this @Ian2001. Looking at this pic and the one you posted before, she obviously trusted and loved you. My thoughts and prayers to you and family. Please take care.

3 Likes

Thanks to everybody.

Best wishes

Ian

4 Likes

The car has returned from fitting of a new cam belt and service. Obviously the work has to be checked.

Jaime is a big cat, but not as big as this picture implies!

21 Likes

Our previous cat hated Tchaikovsky’s Pathetique. I could put on any music, but even the first bars of the Pathetique made her quickly leave the house.

2 Likes

Our sons girlfreinds is staying with us for a while , so nana her banana ball python has come to ,

And a gecko ,but that’s very shy

9 Likes

In the final stage of assembling your “cut and shut cat” take care to ensure that the front and rear halves are correctly aligned.

Willy.

23 Likes

Very sad. Really sorry Ian.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this Ian - my heartfelt good wishes to you.

1 Like