Show us your pets

It’s hunting season, and the nights are drawing in, so Orson gets to wear his natty high-viz…

21 Likes

Hope you have yours too.

I was thinking that we hadn’t seen him for quite a while! I hope you both stay safe!

1 Like

He does like his sticks. Shows in his tail.

22 Likes

Those bones will be hard to retrieve. :grin:

Yes both fine, thank you!

It’s probably an unnecessary precaution, but cannot hurt. Orson does occasionally run off if he senses an animal, and although he always comes back, it’s just possible he might stray near a ‘chasse’ of which I am unaware, so worth a bit of fluorescent. We live on the edge of wild countryside, and he is black from nose to tail. There are usually a few hunting accidents in France each year, with normally a couple of human fatalities - let alone dogs.

(If I know there is a hunt going on nearby - and they must put signs up - of course I keep him on the lead. And I wear high-viz myself if going for a run or hike)

I believe that hunters are obliged to be able to see the whole animal they are shooting to ensure it is legitimate prey for them (wild boar, rabbits, some deer and birds).

It’s not in the least my thing, killing animals for ‘sport’, but I do understand the need to keep the wild boar population under control, certainly now that humans have removed all their other predators (bears and wolves have not been reintroduced here, which may be just as well!).
The hunters can and do eat and sell the meat, but I don’t think there is anywhere near as much demand as there is supply.
Although I do rather enjoy a daube de sanglier occasionally in winter myself.

4 Likes

Trust me if I could I would but landlords not in favour so I’m going to have to wait till our build is finished.

2 Likes

Tilly is fast asleep :sleeping:

25 Likes

Tilly knows how to relax. :smiling_face:

22 Likes

Poor little Bute was taken to the vets yesterday for spaying so feeling sorry for herself. She didn’t eat her tea last night but she’s managed some Cornflakes this morning.

21 Likes

Sometimes, one cushion just isn’t enough.

21 Likes

He is so you……

14 Likes

Ah @gazza you managed to get a laugh out of me, working (and realising I’m not as young as I thought I was) has me a little blue after a week of manual labour. Thanks for cheering me up. :+1:

3 Likes

33 Likes

Rather reminiscent of our Poppy:

25 Likes

Love the photo, looks like she/he has just eaten the Bond villain :rofl:

1 Like

Theo’s mom has the same calico pattern. Just learned most calicos are female. For most part males can’t have more than 2 colors.

1 Like

Gingerbread man on pillow duty.

22 Likes

G

31 Likes

This is his night bed… :camping:

33 Likes