Show us your pets

For me, it was going to the vets with my best mate, for a check up, to not coming out with my best mate, he’s never far away in my thoughts.

7 Likes

Our neighbour had a rescue dog called Pip, she developed bone cancer. The vet suggested a trained lady who came to the house….gave a sedative. Then sat with our neighbours and Pip for a few hours until they were ready to say goodbye. Perhaps not for everyone, but an option.

8 Likes

22 Likes

Echo what @Steve_S says, it doesn’t go away, you have to keep thinking of all the good times you and Diesel had together.

6 Likes

My singing angel Misha, who left in May. I am definitely her rescue. We are so lucky to have them and they have us @Cmax @Pete_the_painter even if that should be have had…

19 Likes

Meet Boo, My brother’s dog, we look after him a couple of days a week, who while not a replacement for Eddie, is a little character in his own right.

23 Likes

While we are remembering the departed, my previous 2,

Barney, left us in 2022

And his sister, willow who left us in 2020

And both together

Even though we now have the wonderful Lyra we still miss them.

28 Likes

I believe that the manner of our companions departure makes a big difference in how we experience their loss. All four of these amazing dogs are now passed, two aged slowly and we knew the end was approaching. The other two left relatively quickly having given no sign of illness until days before they died. That suddenness adds a kind of cruelty to the loss.

Thank you all for sharing.

21 Likes

Reminds me of dog sitting for our neighbour when we lived in Michigan, US. Angel, his husky was just over the moon to be able to sit out on the deck in the snow.

2 Likes

Maine coons are the best, all of them.

3 Likes

There’s been quite a bit of this here of late…

30 Likes

Brilliant photo :heart: it

Orson had a nice long walk (and another bone) for his fifth birthday on Saturday.

22 Likes

May I come in …?

20 Likes

So who looks after him when you’re galavanting around the world quaffing fine wines?

1 Like

G

29 Likes

Fraggle doing her best Harry Potter impression under the stairs in the dogs toy box .

25 Likes

bless

1 Like

I know that sky line!~

2 Likes

Know the feeling, and with a degree of uncertainty in my life over potential future surgery and whether I will stay in this home (52 plus years) I don’t want to commit to a new animal companion and let it down

1 Like